Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Creating a custom letterhead template with .png images?
Creating a custom letterhead template with .png images?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodmcc1
Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Creating a custom letterhead template with .png images?

I'm trying to create a custom letterhead template using .png files for the logos and footer and also want a second page as part of the template. Is this possible and how do I go about achieving this? I'm on a iMac.

Thanks,
jodmcc1
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject:

I am not sure I have a clear idea of what you are trying to do. You can definitely have more than one page in a Writer template. However, I assume that you want something that is in the first page to not be in the second page.

Is my assumption correct? If so, can you give us a little more detail as to what you want to be different on each page?

Patrick
jodmcc1
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject:

Thanks Patrick,

First page of letterhead will have company name and logo at top of page and various location addresses at bottom of page and part of the the logo graphic is watermarked in the middle of page.

The second page will have just the graphic of the logo at the top of page along with the watermarked logo graphic in middle of page similar to the one on first page. Files were exported from Adobe Illustrator CS as .png files.

jodmcc1
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject:

jodmcc1 wrote:
First page of letterhead will have company name and logo at top of page and various location addresses at bottom of page and part of the the logo graphic is watermarked in the middle of page.

From your description, the company and logo are in the header section of the first page and the addresses are in the footer section. Are you have trouble creating a header or footer? If so, you can insert a header section by selecting the Insert :: Header :: Default menu and an empty header section will be inserted at the top of each page. To insert a footer section, select the Insert :: Footer :: Default menu.

Once you have header and footer sections, you can insert a .png file into either by putting your cursor in one of those sections and selecting the Insert :: Picture :: From File menu. Note that if you insert a big image you, you will need to make the height of the section larger by typing the Return key until the section's border is bigger than the image.

jodmcc1 wrote:
The second page will have just the graphic of the logo at the top of page along with the watermarked logo graphic in middle of page similar to the one on first page. Files were exported from Adobe Illustrator CS as .png files.

Assuming that you have inserted a watermark (let us know if you are having trouble with that), it sounds like you want to limit the header and footer sections that you created to only the first page.

To do that, put your cursor at the end of the first page's content area (not the footer) and select the Insert :: Manual Break menu. In the dialog that appears, check Page Break, set Style to "First Page", and press the OK button. After doing that, page 2 and higher will have no headers or footers.

Do the above suggestions work for you?

Patrick
jodmcc1
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject:

I'm having problems getting the footer text in graphic to sit at page margin.Sad

Also having problems with watermark.Sad

Also, second page will have a different header than page 1 and will have the same watermark. Sad
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject:

jodmcc1 wrote:
I'm having problems getting the footer text in graphic to sit at page margin.Sad

I do not understand what you mean by "footer text in graphic". Does this mean that you have a .png file that has text in it? If so, the text is merely pixels within the image so you won't be able to separate those pixels from the rest of the image.

As for the watermark, Fran is more familiar with watermarks so I will let her try to answer those questions.

Patrick
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject:

jodmcc1 wrote:
Also having problems with watermark.Sad

Can you try the following steps to create a watermark:
1. Select the Insert :: Picture :: From File menu to insert the graphic you would like to use as a watermark

2. Position the watermark on the page where you would like it.

3. Select the watermark and press Control-click.

4. In the menu that appears select Wrap :: In Background

Does that allow you to create a watermark? If not, what problems are you having with the watermark?

jodmcc1 wrote:
Also, second page will have a different header than page 1 and will have the same watermark. Sad

After following pluby's instructions in his previous post you will need to insert a new header and re-add the watermark to the second page.

Can you try the following steps to insert a header on the new page?:

1. Follow pluby's instructions and insert a manual break and set the style to "First Page."

2. Insert a header section by selecting the Insert :: Header :: First Page menu.

(Do not be confused, in this case the page style "First Page" means all pages after the first page.)

3. Add the watermark following the same steps you used on the original page.

Do these steps work for you?

--fran
jodmcc1
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
jodmcc1 wrote:

I do not understand what you mean by "footer text in graphic". Does this mean that you have a .png file that has text in it? If so, the text is merely pixels within the image so you won't be able to separate those pixels from the rest of the image.

As for the watermark, Fran is more familiar with watermarks so I will let her try to answer those questions.

Patrick

The footer image has text on the bottom edge of image. I'm trying to get it to sit at the margin. (margin=.75; want text to be .75 off page edge also)
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject:

jodmcc1 wrote:
The footer image has text on the bottom edge of image. I'm trying to get it to sit at the margin. (margin=.75; want text to be .75 off page edge also)

The only way that I know how to do this is to select the image by clicking on it and then move it using one or more of the following:

1. Drag the image with the mouse

2. Press one of the arrow keys

3. Press one of the arrow keys while pressing the Alt key. Pressing the Alt key makes each pressing of the arrow key move only a tiny bit.

Hope that helps,

Patrick
jodmcc1
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Patrick and Fran,

After the last 2 replies it was starting to make sense and I was able to complete the letterhead.

jodmcc1 Very Happy
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1