· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Synchronize Labels
Synchronize Labels

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wyomason
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Synchronize Labels

The synchronize labels button does not work. I have tried different methods of creating my business cards using the File -> New -> business card, but in every case after creating the first business card, the rest of the cards on the page will only synchronize one row of fields at a time, the row where the cursor is located. If I put my cursor on a new row, the fields in that row will be synchronized across all the cards, but the previously synchronized fields will disappear from the other cards. The other elements of the card (other than the fields) synchronize fine.

I have attached the problem document.
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject:

I will take a closer look this, but I must confess that I have not created business cards with NeoOffice before.

I will let you know if I have any questions,

--fran
James3359
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject:

I have tried opening the file in NeoOffice 3.0 Patch 7 and in 3.0.1 EA. In both cases the result I get is not perfect, but I am not getting what you describe.

If I open the file and click 'No' when asked whether I want to update all links I get a document with label details in the top left label. The others are all blank except for the logo. If I click the synchronize labels button then all the labels are populated with all the data, except the one immediately to the right of the first label, which remains unchanged.

This is also true in NeoOffice 2.2.5 Patch 13 - I've just tried it.

What version and patch of NeoOffice are you using? (In NeoOffice choose 'About NeoOffice' in the NeoOffice menu>)

Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB
OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject:

If you are using the latest version of NeoOffice (3.0 Patch 7 or 2.2.5 Patch 14), can you try selecting the Tools :: Update :: Update All menu? Does the force all of the business cards to update?

Patrick
wyomason
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Synchronize Labels

I am using NeoOffice 3.0 Patch 4.

I followed your steps. When asked to update links, I said no.

I tried synchronizing the labels, and got no results.

I went to Tools -> Update -> Update All. That had no effect.

Where was your cursor when you pressed the Synchronize Labels button?

I only see fields updated on the other cards when my cursor is next to a field on the Master Label. Then it is only the fields in that row that are updated.

Brian.
James3359
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Synchronize Labels

wyomason wrote:

I'll let Patrick respond to the substance of your post - but you really should download and install the latest patch - Patch 7

Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB
OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Synchronize Labels

wyomason wrote:

Can you apply the latest patch, NeoOffice 3.0 Patch 7, and try the steps again? You can get the latest NeoOffice 3.0 patch here: http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/patch.php

Smokey

Edit: Er, cross-posted with James Wink

Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Synchronize Labels

Applying Patch 7 solved the problem. ( I don't know why the top right label doesn't update, but I'll let that go for now.) Very mysterious, but I'm glad to know it wasn't something I was doing wrong and that the problem has been resolved.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Synchronize Labels

wyomason wrote:
Applying Patch 7 solved the problem. ( I don't know why the top right label doesn't update, but I'll let that go for now.) Very mysterious, but I'm glad to know it wasn't something I was doing wrong and that the problem has been resolved.

I am glad to hear that the latest patch has fixed the problem. As for the top right label, does selecting the Tools :: Update :: Update All menu fix that problem?

Patrick
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject:

For reference, Patrick, I have the same issue with the top right label in 3.0.1 EA, on Mac OS 10.4.11 PPC. The rest all synchronize properly, though.

Lorinda
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:
For reference, Patrick, I have the same issue with the top right label in 3.0.1 EA, on Mac OS 10.4.11 PPC. The rest all synchronize properly, though.

I do not think that the problem with the upper right card is a problem with the Synchronize button. Instead, I believe that the problem is that the content in that card is different than the other cards because when I open the file, the upper right cards name and address fields are missing.

I corrected this problem by selecting the three name and address field lines in the upper left card, copying the selected lines, selecting the matching three lines in the upper right card, and pasting.

Does that work for either of you?

Patrick
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject:

Patrick:

It sort of fixes things, in that the proper fields show up in box in the upper right, but it is still not included in the synchronization process. Here's how to reproduce what I mean, using the provided sample file:

-In the top left label, select the ❰ symbol (the one just before the last phone number--not sure if the character will display properly on the web)
-type "Cell" (without the quotes); this replaces that symbol with the word you typed
-hit the "Synchronize" button in the floating window; all the labels change to match the top left label (by switching Cell for ❰), except for the top right label.

I'll try and create a brand new set of business cards and see if I get the same error.

Lorinda
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject:

I created a new Business Card document (File>New>Business Cards) using the "Modern/With Name" Content setting. I made changes to the upper left card, and synchronized, and all the cards synchronized correctly.

However, I did run into trouble a little later when I edited things. I tried changing a different card and synchronizing from there, then I tried copying the info from the provided file into my new file. Then I ended up with one label that wouldn't synchronize.

I'm not sure when action messed things up, and when I tried to reproduce this issue, I didn't have any luck. (For one thing, I wasn't allowed to edit any label but the first one).

Also, I can't get the BGM Solutions rev.odt file to come to the front if I select it from the Window menu; instead another one of my documents comes forward. I can access it by Command-` or from the menu in the dock icon. But I'm guessing that's a different issue.

Lorinda
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject:

Lorinda,

I now see what you see. The problem is that the top right card appears to have been modified at some point and, as a result, it has become unconnected from the other cards. I thought copying from the upper left card would reconnect it, but apparently not.

Patrick
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Patrick:

Your solution is a good work around, though. Once the label/card is finalized, it can be copied and then pasted in the troublesome label, and the file should print fine (although I didn't try it; I will if you like).

The other option is to start over with a new file.

Lorinda
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1