Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - multiple graphics and frames in header on following pages
multiple graphics and frames in header on following pages

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neoup
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:56 am    Post subject: multiple graphics and frames in header on following pages

The manual says it is possible to have pictures or frames in the header.
I try to build a document with a "first page" and a following page.
Both should have a logo picture in the header and some frames on the following pages in the header.
I defined two different page styles. The graphics and frames on the second page, do not appear on following pages.

I set up "next style" corretly, page layout "only left" headers are "on" but it doesn't work.

Thank you for suggestions.

neoup

Last edited by neoup on Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:28 am; edited 2 times in total
James3359
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject:

If you anchor the images and frames to paragraph, rather than to page, then it works, I think.

I attach an amended version of your document where I have done this. It is an irritating process because changing the anchor changes the position of the frame. The best way to do it is to select the frame, choose Format::Frame and change the anchor from 'To page' to 'To paragraph' , and make a note of the position of frame. Once you click OK it changes the anchor, but the frame has moved. Choose Format::Frame again and re-enter the position for the frame.

Alternatively, you may find it helpful to use the Navigator to access the various elements in your document (Edit::Navigator). If you Ctrl-click the different elements it gives you access to various functions by way of a contextual menu.

(P.S. I deleted the Frame Rahmen 8 as it didn't appear to be doing anything.)

I hope this helps

James

Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB
OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)

Last edited by James3359 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
neoup
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject:

Hi James3359

Thank you so much. Your hint saved me a lot of try and error!

In another Document, with only one "Page Style" this worked as described. But in a third one with two different page styles I had to reassign the pageorder and layout first:
"Page Style" > "Edit" > "Organizer" > "Next Style: Default (or what is needed)" and
"Page Style" > "Edit" > "Page" > "Layout Settings: Page Layout: Only Left"
First the Pictures and Frames disappeared, but after reinserting and "Anchor: To paragraph" them it worked! Maybe this is helpful to someone else…

Since then there is another problem with pagenumberig.
In the footer now it shows "2/4" on first page and "4/4" on second page? In this case it should be 1/2 on the first and 2/2 on the second page.
"NeoOffice Help" said "Starting with a defined page number" how to change the numbering, but cannot fix the pagecount. I could not find anything like "offset" for "Page count".

Thank you once again for great support (and saving my a_ _.)
James3359
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject:

neoup wrote:
By the way, any Idea, why pagenumberig in the footer of the very first document does show "2/4" on first page and "4/4" on second page? It should be 1/2 and 2/2 with 2 pages as in this second doc.
OK, this is a bit complicated. The model which NeoOffice (and most WP applications use) is a book - you can see this by clicking the right hand 'Book mode' View Layout Icon in the bar at the bottom of your document. When the 'book' is closed you see the 'first page' which is a right page. The first inside page is a left page. By saying the First Page style is left only you are implying the existence of a right page - which won't be shown by that style, so it numbers the first left page as 2. If your following style is also left only then you keep creating an invisible page for every new page you are creating.

The way round this is to tell NeoOffice that the style can be used for left or right pages. You can use the same style for each page either 'left and right' which are exactly the same on each page, or 'mirrored' where the layout mirrors left and right (on the assumption that your pages are going to be put together in book format with different margins for the edge near the binding and the opening edge.)

Sorting this out will require you to remake your headers, I'm afraid, but here goes
  • Open the revised document I sent you
  • Delete the last page break so you have only two pages showing
  • Put your cursor on the first page and choose Format::Page…
  • Under the Page tab choose 'Mirrored' or 'Right and Left' for Page layout
  • Under the header tab check that header is on and choose same content for left and right
  • Click OK
  • Your header graphic has disappeared, but your page numbering is correct
  • Re-paste the graphic into your first page header, ensuring that it is anchored to paragraph.
  • Put your cursor on the second page and choose Format::Page…
  • Under the Page tab choose 'Mirrored' or 'Right and Left' for Page layout
  • Under the header tab check that header is on and choose same content for left and right
  • Click OK
  • Your header graphics may have disappeared, but your page numbering is correct
  • Re-paste the graphic(s) into your second page header, ensuring that it is/they are anchored to paragraph.

Some things I still don't understand about this:
  • why are two pages shown even when there is no text or non-printing characters in the second page?
  • why do you automatically get another Folgeseite 2-x page if your text runs over, but if you insert a page break manually, you must be sure to choose Folgeseite 2-x from the Style drop down?

Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB
OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)
neoup
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject:

Great James3359!
This worked exactly as you proposed.
Thank you, thank you!
Very Happy
James3359
The Merovingian