Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Creating keyboard shortcuts
Creating keyboard shortcuts

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christouf
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Creating keyboard shortcuts

Hi.
I have a very basic problem, but a annoying one: creating shotcuts is very difficult, and the prcoedure listed un the help menu is not very explicit. Sometimes I finally succeed in creating a shortcut, and sometimes not. Can someone tell me a simple step by step method?
I must say that the last shortcut I tried to create is indeed listed in the "keyboard shortcuts" of the "personnalize " menu, but is not operative.

Mike Confused
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject:

The steps for creating keyboard shortcuts are in this NeoWiki article.

Do those steps help? If not, can you tell us the following? This will help us give you custom steps for your particular keyboard shortcut:

1. Which document type (Writer, Calc, Impress, etc.) you want to create a shortcut for

2. The action that you want the new shortcut to do (move to end of line, etc.)

3. The keys that you want to use for the new shortcut (Command-B, etc.)

Patrick
Christouf
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: KEyboard shortcut

Hi great architect.

I followed the procedure described in the article you mentionned, with no results. I want to create a shortcut in Neo Office writer to highlight text, which I do a lot! Since the Command+L combination is not already used by either the system or the application, I wanted to use it to do the command. But, as you'll see in the attached image, I did the right steps and the shortcut is indeed listed. But clicking OK in the bottom of the window does't result in activating the combination.

Michel
Rolling Eyes
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject:

There are two problems that I see in your screen snapshot:

1. The first problem is that you are assigning the "Surlignage" action. What I think you really want is the "Surligner - Verseuse" action just below it.

2. The second problem is that you have selected the NeoOffice radio button instead of the Writer radio button. If you selected the Writer radio button immediately below it, you would find that the Command-L shortcut is already assigned to the "Align Left" action in Writer.

What happens if you click on Writer radio button and assign the "Surligner - Verseuse" action to the Command-L shortcut?

In general, when you press a key shortcut, NeoOffice's underlying OpenOffice.org code first looks to see if there is a shortcut assigned to the document type (Writer in your case) and only if that shortcut is not assigned to the current document type does the OpenOffice.org code look for a shortcut in the NeoOffice application-wide shortcuts.

Patrick
rayjay
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Hi Michel. I just tried this. In the English language version of Neo there are two options in the list of possible shortcuts: "Highlighting" and "Highlight Fill". I'm not sure what the intended difference is, but while using the first one appears to do nothing, the second does indeed highlight selected text.

Richard
Christouf
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Hi Pluby.

It did the trick. Assigning "surligner-verseuse" to the command in writer effectively activates the shortcut. In short, when creating a shortcut, I must first click the Writer radio button to see if the combination is not already used (and suppress it?), and then assign the new combination?

Michel
rayjay
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject:

PS. Sorry, Patrick. Your reply hadn't appeared when I started mine. Richard.
PPS - Isn't a verseuse a carafe or a coffee pot?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Christouf wrote:
It did the trick. Assigning "surligner-verseuse" to the command in writer effectively activates the shortcut. In short, when creating a shortcut, I must first click the Writer radio button to see if the combination is not already used (and suppress it?), and then assign the new combination?

Correct. The Writer shortcuts override any of the NeoOffice shortcuts.

rayjay wrote:
PPS - Isn't a verseuse a carafe or a coffee pot?

I don't what verseuse means, but carafe or pot would make sense as when you set a highlight color, the cursor changes to a small paint can.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1