Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - autocorrection works in one document but not in the other
autocorrection works in one document but not in the other

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gavagai
Councilperson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: autocorrection works in one document but not in the other

Hi,
I have to excuse: I didn't take the time (till now) to pursuit the refusal by NeoOffice to start in some situations. It still happens.
Now I have another problem, which I think I already had solved once but I don't remember the solution.
In a new document the autocorrection doesn't work. I.e. I tpye "zw" and this should invoke "zwischen" from my autocorrection-list, but it doesn't.
In another document open at the same time it works for all entries from my autocorrection list. I type "zw" and get "zwischen", I type "rl" and get "rational" etc.
I already saved the new document (into the very same file as the old document) and tried it again. To noavail.
I compared the attributes (or maybe "properties" in English) of the two documents and I found no significant difference.
Where else can I look? What else can I try?

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: autocorrection works in one document but not in the othe

gavagai wrote:
I have to excuse: I didn't take the time (till now) to pursuit the refusal by NeoOffice to start in some situations. It still happens.

So if this is still happening, you need to do the following two steps that I requested from you in this forum topic:

1. Attach a crash log to that forum topic
2. Perform a disk repair using the steps in this post in that forum topic and tell us if the crashing stops

Only after you do the above steps will I be able to troubleshoot what is causing your crashing.

gavagai wrote:
Now I have another problem, which I think I already had solved once but I don't remember the solution.
In a new document the autocorrection doesn't work. I.e. I tpye "zw" and this should invoke "zwischen" from my autocorrection-list, but it doesn't.
In another document open at the same time it works for all entries from my autocorrection list. I type "zw" and get "zwischen", I type "rl" and get "rational" etc.
I already saved the new document (into the very same file as the old document) and tried it again. To noavail.
I compared the attributes (or maybe "properties" in English) of the two documents and I found no significant difference.
Where else can I look? What else can I try?

Can you check if your new document has the same language as the other document that works? To find the language of the document, in each document select the Format :: Character menu. In the dialog that appears, click on the Font tab and note the value in the Language column.

If the language in the new document is different than the language in the other document that works, can you change the new document's language by closing the dialog, selecting the Edit :: Select All menu, and then selecting the Format :: Character menu again? When the dialog appears, change the value in the Language column to match the language in the other document that works and press the OK button.

Do these steps reenable autocorrect in the new document?

Patrick
gavagai
Councilperson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject:

Hi Patrick,
the language stuff worked exactly as you described it (the new document was at "English"). Now the correction function works OK.
I know – or better guess – how it happened. I've started the new document by copying the headline "pragmatic encroachment – pragmatische Beeinträchtigung". Later I changed it to the German term first. But NeoOffice must have already deduced that it's an English document.
Thanks.
And I will perform the other procedure today.

gavagai
Councilperson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject:

Hi Patrick,
your instructions always are excellent. So my following report is NO critic. Just to let you see were some traps lie when performed by me.
1) I tried to follow your instructions with the Mac OS X installation disk. When I had to select which disc to use for the installation my internal disc was signalled with a eclamation mark. The two external discs were available.
I clicked the internal disc anyway and was told: there is a newer version (I have 10.5.eight) and if I really want to install the older version (10.5.1) I would have to go back and change the options.
I didn't want to bother with that so I went the other way:
2) via Terminal command.
There I had the problem that the keys in that basic mode aren't what they seem to be. First, the z and y key are exchanged (due to my Germn keyboard). This I knew and had no problem.
Then, the special characters are at other keys too. So I had to find out by trial and error where "-" and ";" are.
I succeeded and the disk check program started running. After some lines (it was reporting what it was checking) I got bored looking at it and I started reading something and after a while – with no further ado – the Mac shut down.
So I read no final message but I assume everything went fine, otherwise it should have sent an error message.
Now I am waiting if NeoOffice refuses to start again. If yes, I will get the crash log and attach it.
Thanks so far.

gavagai
Councilperson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject:

Hi Patrick,
the starting problem happened again. Attached is the CrashReporter Report.
I hope it helps.

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject:

Thank you for posting the crash log. The crash log indicates that your crash is the same bug that caused this crashing bug.

Last week, we finally found what was causing this crashing bug and I have posted a test patch that appears to fix that bug. You can try the test patch but note that you will need to install NeoOffice 3.0.2 Early Access before you install the test patch.

If you want to try the test patch, you can download NeoOffice 3.0.2 Early Access from the NeoOffice Early Access Program download page. Then, install the test patch from the links in this post.

If you don't want to install the Early Access release, the fix will be included in NeoOffice 3.0.2 which will be released to NeoOffice Early Access Members like yourself at the end of this month.

Patrick
gavagai
Councilperson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject:

Hi Patrick,
I'm glad not to be alone with that problem. If I can be of help I will install the early release + Patch. If not I'll wait till the release at the end of this month.
Please let me know. My default position is to do nothing (concerning the NeoOffice release Cool)

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject:

gavagai wrote:
Hi Patrick,
I'm glad not to be alone with that problem. If I can be of help I will install the early release + Patch. If not I'll wait till the release at the end of this month.
Please let me know. My default position is to do nothing (concerning the NeoOffice release Cool)

If you are willing to test the Early Access release plus test patch, that would be a great help. So far, you are only the second person who has experienced this bug so having a second person test the fix would definitely help us ensure that we have truly fixed it.

Patrick
gavagai
Councilperson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject:

Installed and started. I'll keep you informed.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1