Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Bug Report: 3.0.2 selection problems & autocomplete
Bug Report: 3.0.2 selection problems & autocomplete

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danmac
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:39 am    Post subject: Bug Report: 3.0.2 selection problems & autocomplete

I'm sorry if these problems have already been reported. I did look through the forum and couldn't find anything the same.

I'm using OS X 10.6.2 on a MacMini. When making selections in Write, only the standard selection works. The Add Ext and Blk do not work; any selection is simply unselected. I've noticed that OpenOffice Write for the Mac has the same problem, so this is probably connected with the original OpenOffice code.

Autocorrect is recording some really weird 'completions', e.g. studentI'm as a suggested completion. Within 10 minutes of working on a document, I have at least 5 weird autocompletions like that one.

By the way, thanks for the great work on NeoOffice. I'd be lost without it now.
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:24 am    Post subject:

FYI, I deleted the duplicate topic.

I can't help you on the content, as I never use Add Ext and Blk, but I hope Patrick can answer your questions.

Best wishes,
Oscar

James3359
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject:

I too have never used this feature before, but I have just tested it and it works fine for me, highlighting the areas I expected and copying the text I highlighted. NeoOffice 3.0.2 Patch 0 (third test build) on iBook 1.33 GHz 1.5GB PowerPC G4, OS X 10.4.11.

Patrick recently ironed out a bug where tables did not appear to be selected, but where it was only the selection highlighting that was not working. Are you able to check whether this is what you are experiencing? If you perform the necessary actions to make the selection and then (regardless of what is highlighted) do a copy and paste what result do you get?

Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB
OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Bug Report: 3.0.2 selection problems & autocomplete

danmac wrote:
I'm using OS X 10.6.2 on a MacMini. When making selections in Write, only the standard selection works. The Add Ext and Blk do not work; any selection is simply unselected. I've noticed that OpenOffice Write for the Mac has the same problem, so this is probably connected with the original OpenOffice code.

Like James3359, selecting in the ADD, EXT, and BLK modes works for me. Can you check that you are using the NeoOffice 3.0.2 code that we released last Thursday by selecting the Help :: About NeoOffice menu? In the dialog that appears, it should say "NeoOffice 3.0.2 Patch 0". If it says "NeoOffice 3.0.2 Early Access Patch 0", then can you install the latest NeoOffice 3.0.2 release from the NeoOffice Early Access Program download page?

One other thing that you might be seeing is that in most cases NeoOffice's underlying OpenOffice.org code will unselect any selection when you change modes. The only exception to this is when you change to the ADD mode. Is that what is happening to you?

danmac wrote:
Autocorrect is recording some really weird 'completions', e.g. studentI'm as a suggested completion. Within 10 minutes of working on a document, I have at least 5 weird autocompletions like that one.

NeoOffice's underlying OpenOffice.org code will add a word to your autocompletion list if you type it enough times even if it is not a real word. This probably the reason why you are seeing strange autocompletion words.

To remove these strange words from the autocompletion list, select the Tools :: AutoCorrect menu and in the dialog that appears, click on the Word Completion tab, select the strange words that you don't want autocomplete to use, press the Delete Entry button, and then press the OK button.

After deleting the autocompletion entries, does your autocompletion problem stop?

Patrick
danmac
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: Thanks for the replies

I've downloaded the most recent 3.0.2 and the selection problems have gone. However, the autocompletion problem still persists. I have deleted all the weird suggestions from the autocompletion list, but eventually, I get more weird suggestions. It's not like I type "student.I'm" many times so I don't know why the code thinks it's what I want.

I wouldn't have even mentioned it, but it just that I have never had this problem before; all previous versions worked perfectly.

Thanks for the help.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks for the replies

danmac wrote:
I wouldn't have even mentioned it, but it just that I have never had this problem before; all previous versions worked perfectly.

Does this occur only when editing a specific document or does it occur when you open a new empty Writer document? If it only occurs with a specific document, can you use the Edit :: Find & Replace menu to search for "student.I'm"?

If you find any occurrences of that text, then I think NeoOffice's underlying OpenOffice.org code is building the autocorrect list from words already in the document. If this is what is occurring, can you select the Edit :: Find & Replace menu and in the dialog that appears, replace all "student.I'm" text with "student. I'm". Then, repeat the steps in the Tools :: Autocorrect menu's dialog that you did before, save the document, and reopen it.

Does any of the above steps stop the autocorrect behavior?

Patrick
danmac
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: selection problems and autocomplete

Sorry I've been silent for a while.

Since upgrading to 3.0.2, the selection problems have disappeared, but the autocomplete problems still occur, though it seems not as often. The autocomplete problem seem to occur in all Writer documents. Yesterday, I got a weird one: courseAn

I don't remember typing anything like that.

Darryl
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: selection problems and autocomplete

danmac wrote:
Since upgrading to 3.0.2, the selection problems have disappeared, but the autocomplete problems still occur, though it seems not as often. The autocomplete problem seem to occur in all Writer documents. Yesterday, I got a weird one: courseAn

One possible cause of this is that your user preference files have gotten corrupted. To test if this is the cause, can you try the following steps?:

1. Quit NeoOffice

2. Move the following two folders if they exist to the Trash:

~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-3.0
~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-2.2

3. Restart NeoOffice

Do the above steps stop the autocorrect problem?

Patrick
danmac
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: autocomplete

After deleting the NeoOffice 3.0 folder, I haven't noticed the autocomplete problem so far. Let's hope that's the solution.

I'll let you know if the problem occurs again, but so far so good.

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I really appreciate the help.

Darryl
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1