Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - My checkboxes aren't staying checked!!! HELP PLEASE - URGENT
My checkboxes aren't staying checked!!! HELP PLEASE - URGENT

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caity
Red Pill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: My checkboxes aren't staying checked!!! HELP PLEASE - URGENT

HELP!! I have forms that I have saved using NeoOffice. These forms require me to put a checkmark in boxes. This has been working GREAT until about 2-3 weeks ago. All of a sudden, none of my checkboxes that I mark stay marked. I will check the appropriate boxes and the save the document....and when I pull the document back up, all the boxes are blank - nothing is checked!! This is a critical issue for me. I believe it happened RIGHT after the patch before last. There was another patch I downloaded about a week later but it hasn't fixed that problem. I have spent HOURS today trying to find out what happened but I am SO not technically savvy. If anyone has any suggestions at all, please write it like you were going to explain it to a 6 yr old Very Happy lol.
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Caity:

I am sorry you are having problems. To help you, we need some more information.

What version of NeoOffice are you using? You can find out by going to the NeoOffice menu and choosing "About NeoOffice."

What version of Mac OS X are you using? Go to the apple menu, choose "About this Mac" tell us both the Version of Mac OSX (for example, 10.4.11) and whether the entry for Processor includes the words "PowerPC" or "Intel"

Then it would be really helpful if you could attach a form that isn't working for you. See the instructions here. Keep in mind that anyone looking at these forums will be able to see the form, so you might need to create a new one if the forms aren't something you can make public.

Lorinda
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:
Then it would be really helpful if you could attach a form that isn't working for you. See the instructions here. Keep in mind that anyone looking at these forums will be able to see the form, so you might need to create a new one if the forms aren't something you can make public.

Attaching a document to your next post using the steps that Lorinda links to is really important. This is because in order to help you, it is really helpful if we can reproduce the problem that you are seeing on our machines.

Patrick
caity
Red Pill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: re: My checkboxes aren't staying checked!!! HELP PLEASE - UR

I am using 3.0.2 Patch 2. My MAC version is 10.5.8 and it's Intel. I will attach a generic copy of the form I'm having problems with. I would have done that with my original post but I was using my PC and not my MAC when I posted my post.

Lorinda wrote:
Caity:

I am sorry you are having problems. To help you, we need some more information.

What version of NeoOffice are you using? You can find out by going to the NeoOffice menu and choosing "About NeoOffice."

What version of Mac OS X are you using? Go to the apple menu, choose "About this Mac" tell us both the Version of Mac OSX (for example, 10.4.11) and whether the entry for Processor includes the words "PowerPC" or "Intel"

Lorinda
caity
Red Pill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Patrick. I have attached the document in my reply. As I stated in my original message, this problem came around after I had downloaded NeoOffice 3.0.2 Patch 1.

Caity

pluby wrote:
Lorinda wrote:

Attaching a document to your next post using the steps that Lorinda links to is really important. This is because in order to help you, it is really helpful if we can reproduce the problem that you are seeing on our machines.

Patrick
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Thank you for the sample document. I can definitely reproduce the problem that you are seeing.

I need to investigate further to find the cause of the bug and, once I find the cause, fix the bug. I suspect that this bug is caused by the upgrade to NeoOffice's .doc file import and export code in NeoOffice 3.0.2 Patch 1. Starting in that patch, we replaced the older .doc file import and export code in NeoOffice's underlying OpenOffice.org 3.0.1 code with the newer OpenOffice.org 3.1.1 code to fix a .doc file import bug.

Since this bug fixing work usually can take several days, if you really need to edit this document with NeoOffice, I would recommend that you reinstall NeoOffice 3.0.2 and not install the latest patch. This is not an ideal workaround, but hopefully it should allow you to save checkbox changes.

When I have a fix for this bug, I will post an update with links to a test patch for you to try.

Patrick
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject:

FYI: I have opened bug 3594 to track this issue.

-- fran
caity
Red Pill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject:

So do I have to uninstall and then reinstall 3.0.2? And do I just go to NeoOffice website to reinstall without the Patch? How do I install it WITHOUT the patch? I'm guessing that it's an option to NOT have the patch install?

I really have a HUGE stack of work that has backed up that I'd like to get started on so I don't want to wait for the patch if I don't have to. I was on the verge of having to go to the Apple store and buy Windows for MAC but I REALLY REALLY REALLY didn't want to have to do this! lol

Thanks so much for the quick responses. It is greatly appreciated.

Caity

pluby wrote:
Thank you for the sample document. I can definitely reproduce the problem that you are seeing.

I need to investigate further to find the cause of the bug and, once I find the cause, fix the bug. I suspect that this bug is caused by the upgrade to NeoOffice's .doc file import and export code in NeoOffice 3.0.2 Patch 1. Starting in that patch, we replaced the older .doc file import and export code in NeoOffice's underlying OpenOffice.org 3.0.1 code with the newer OpenOffice.org 3.1.1 code to fix a .doc file import bug.

Since this bug fixing work usually can take several days, if you really need to edit this document with NeoOffice, I would recommend that you reinstall NeoOffice 3.0.2 and not install the latest patch. This is not an ideal workaround, but hopefully it should allow you to save checkbox changes.

When I have a fix for this bug, I will post an update with links to a test patch for you to try.

Patrick
caity
Red Pill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Thanks!

Caity

narf wrote:
FYI: I have opened bug 3594 to track this issue.

-- fran
caity
Red Pill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Ok...I did the uninstall and reinstall and my checkboxes are BACK!! I am one happy girl. Thanks! I'll do the rest of the stuff after you get the bug fixed. Thanks again!

Caity

pluby wrote:

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject:

I think that I have fixed this bug. I found that NeoOffice was properly saving the checkbox as checked in the .doc file. The bug was caused by a bug in OpenOffice.org 3.1.1 code that caused misreading of the checkbox checked bits in the .doc file.

Can you install the following test patch and tell us if the fix works for you?:

Intel:
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.0.2-Patch-2-Test-1-Intel.dmg

PowerPC:
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.0.2-Patch-2-Test-1-PowerPC.dmg

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject:

FYI. I have included the fix in NeoOffice 3.0.2 Patch 3. You can download the patch from the NeoOffice patch download page.

If the bug still occurs in NeoOffice 3.0.2 Patch 3, please let us know and we will do more investigation of this bug.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1