NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject:

Guest wrote:
Don't you mean SAM Adams? Wink

Well, him too, especially the summer ale, but I was more referring to the opera to which I was listening at the time (PM me if you happen to have a recording of Dr. Atomic Very Happy )

Guest wrote:
Nice tab job!

The multiple tabs cause it to look horrible, however, as do another of other random bugs. It will need lots of love and tending to. But they are coming and this time will be much more stable and maintainable than the last time I pieced this stuff together.

Like said above, the goal is to try and get this ready in time for beta which hopefully may be late summer timeframe. It doesn't change any functionality and, in fact, any OOo form controls will still use the underlying platform-independent widget set by design of NWF. It's all just eye candy. It changes nothing about either the interface layout or the functionality of the application.

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: pretty ... colors

LemonAid wrote:
p.s.s. anyone got a spare Intel Mac??

Do you really want to sully yourself with little endian? After all...little endian makes baby Jesus cry.

ed

/would take an intel mac too Wink
//wishes alpha was still a developed chip
///having a love affair with his quad g5 windtunnel
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
Guest wrote:
Don't you mean SAM Adams? Wink

Well, him too, especially the summer ale....

ed

I've tasted the Samuel Adams Boston Ale, and it's a beauty. Floral hops and dry taste. Lip-smacker! Many American beers are - as beer taster Michael Jackson [no, not that one, a different MJ] famously said - "wet air", but Samuel Adams is a fine brewery. Wikipedia has [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Adams_(beer)] this [/url] to say on the subject.

P

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject:

ed said:

"...It's all just eye candy."...

Shhhhh!!! Don't give away Apple's RDF secret! hehe

Face it, since Win 2k, the OSs are pretty much interchangable. (a major concession from this poster)
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject:

OK, OK, yeah, it's part of the RDF. In terms of what you want to do, yes, the basic operating systems are mostly interchangeable for the most common tasks. Even several Linux distros are at that point too. They just present different ways of doing it, some better than others. The big key is that people are attracted to style and things that look shiny and modern...but if they're not built on a good foundation they quickly get thrown out the window (unless they paid lots of money for them Wink ).

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject:

toonetown wrote:
The "new weapons" look great - and I know it's a work in progress - but here is one place where weirdness with the tabs happens (this is the full width of the dialog...)

OK, I found the problem with this. It's user interface font. On my particular preferences configuration, the user interface font is such that in this dialog all of the tabs fit on a single row of controls. On your box, however, they're being split into multiple lines. I just encountered the same layout problem when I found a dialog on my system that had multiple tab rows (I was trying to find a dialog that used group boxes that I just implemented, but haven't had any success...)

I'm going to punt on this for now since I hope to remove multiple line tab controls and instead use the left arrow/right arrow solution and keep all tabs on a single line, but I'm putting that off until last since I really hate coding VCL widgets Very Happy

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Context menu madness!!

Got context menus to have a more realistic background:

It's still not the same as full on Mac OS X context menus. Menu items are still highlighted using the Appearance selection color, not the fixed menu item highlight color. And the popup menus themselves are not transparent (on 10.4 they have something like 95% opacity). But having the non-flat background is close enough for government work for me Wink

ed
Longshot
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject:

Dont suppose there's any chance of a test patch for the curious who want to try out all this Aqua-ey goodness themselves? WinkVery Happy
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject:

Right now there's no test patch available and my build is binary incompatible with the PowerPC release builds (I've been using gcc4 from the get go to try and weed out any potential issues).

Hopefully it'll sneak into beta, but I really don't have a clue as to timeframes as there are still a bundle of drawing and other issues that need to be dealt with (not to mention more widgets).

ed
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Context menu madness!!

OPENSTEP wrote:
It's still not the same as full on Mac OS X context menus. Menu items are still highlighted using the Appearance selection color, not the fixed menu item highlight color. And the popup menus themselves are not transparent (on 10.4 they have something like 95% opacity). But having the non-flat background is close enough for government work for me Wink

Though a true OSX-like menu would have its icons disabled Smile.

Keep up to Good Work,
Oscar
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Context menu madness!!

ovvldc wrote:

Keep up to Good Work,
Oscar

look at ya! causin' trouble! Wink
Longshot
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
Right now there's no test patch available and my build is binary incompatible with the PowerPC release builds (I've been using gcc4 from the get go to try and weed out any potential issues).

Hopefully it'll sneak into beta, but I really don't have a clue as to timeframes as there are still a bundle of drawing and other issues that need to be dealt with (not to mention more widgets).

Oh well.. Wink Keep up the good work, its looking great! Very Happy
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Context menu madness!!

jakeOSX wrote:
ovvldc wrote:

Keep up to Good Work,
Oscar

look at ya! causin' trouble! Wink

Haha! I probably won't go that far. The NMF is set up well for handling the full menubar, but it really wasn't worth the effort to go through context menus. The way the context menus work is by using the underlying OOo VCL implementation (it opens a window, draws all of the items and separators itself, etc.). What there is a hook in NWF for is to draw the background of the menu...so it really is an "imitation" popup menu, just like all the other "native" widgets too. Menus are really hybrid controls, kind of like the toolbars, and they probably won't be going terribly "native" in the first round, if at all.

ed
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Context menu madness!!

OPENSTEP wrote:
Got context menus to have a more realistic background:

ed

Any chance of showing how this would look with Crystal icons, or am I being too demanding at this stage, ed?
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject:

QnD switch to crystal icons:

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 9 of 27