Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Is there a Spreadsheet in Neo Office?
Is there a Spreadsheet in Neo Office?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject:

The folder Lorinda mentioned is this one:

~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-2.2, where ~ is your home folder, say
/Users/Your_name.

Drag this folder on your Desktop. Quit and relaunch NeoOffice, and tell us what happens.

Jacqueline
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject:

Thanks for getting back to me. I've had responses disappear on me, too.

The instructions are here, but they're essentially what I said before, so I'll try to simplify them a little more:

-Quit NeoOffice
    -Click on the finder icon on your dock
    -If there is not currently a finder window open, hit Command-N to open one
    -On the side bar (the left column of this window), click on your home folder icon (it looks like a house, unless you've customized it)
    -Double click on the Library folder icon
    -Look for a folder named Preferences and double click on it
    -Now look for folders whose names begin with "NeoOffice" (e.g. NeoOffice 2.2.2)
    -Drag any NeoOffice folders you find here to the desktop.
    -Start NeoOffice up again

once you've tried this, let us know whether or not that fixes the issue. If it doesn't, you can just quite Neo and drag those folders back where you found them; you'll get asked if you want to replace the existing folders, as Neo will create new ones. Say yes.

If you have created your own templates, registered databases, created your own Autotext entries or added items to the gallery, you will probably want to follow the instructions on Recovering Settings to gain access to them again. If you do that, it would help if you could tell us which of the folders recreated the problem.
Stoat
Red Pill

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Is there a spreadsheet in Neo Office?

Thanks again Lorinda for keeping it simple for me - just what I needed. I did all that, but still no luck. I haven't set up any of the other items you mentioned, I am not clever enough, so I didn't need to recover any settings.
Bernard Watson.
Cambridge, England.
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Hmmm.....this is getting curiouser and curiouser.

Does this happen in any Calc document, or only the one you brought over from OpenOffice.org?

Lorinda
Stoat
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Is there a spreadsheet in Neo Office?

Hi Lorinda - no, I did try with a new bland table and got just the same error.
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject:

I'm grasping at straws here, but three more questions:

-Did you download and install and install a language pack? (which is different than a dictionary)

-What input "keyboard" are you using? If there is a little flag icon on the menu bar, click and hold it; look at the name of the checked flag. If there's not, click on System Preferences in the dock.. Choose International. Click on Input Menu; what is the name of the flag that is checked in this list?

-Where, on your keyboard, is the hyphen located? The one I'm using is just to the right of the zero key.

Lorinda
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject:

Maybe Stoat might try to create a new accont. Because I agree with Lorinda, his problem seems a bit strange Exclamation

To create a new account follow these steps:

1- In the Finder, go to the Apple menu, select System Preferences…
2- In the System Preferences window, in the System section, click on Accounts
3- You may have to click the lock to make changes.
4- Click on the + sign below the right pane.
5- In the window which opens, let the drop-down set on Standard. Choose a name, let's say "Test" a short name, "Test" again, a password, etc. Click on Create Account. Close the Account window.
6- Now, on the right side of the menu Bar, you should see your user name. Click on it and click on the new user account you just created, i.e. "Test".
7- Enter the password of "Test". Click Login.
8- Now you are the user Test. Launch NeoOffice from the /Applications folder. Open a new Calc document.
9- Select the whole Sheet1, by pressing Command-A.
10- Go to Format > Cells…
11- In the dialog which opens, click on the Numbers tab. In the Category section scroll down until you see Text and select Text. Click OK.
12- Select the cell A1, enter -test, press Return… and tell us what you get.

You can return in your usual account by the same way, of course.
Sorry if I've been a bit long, I tried to make the process as clear as possible.

Jacqueline
Stoat
Red Pill

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject: Is there a spreadsheet in Neo Office?

Lorinda;
1) No I didn't load a language pack, but only the main programme
2) Just shows how dim I am that I opened every single one of the toolbars to search for that flag icon, and then found it (the British one) up at the top right of the desktop all the time. Silly me!
3) My hyphen is in the same place as yours.
Jacqueline;
1)Followed your instructions down to to 12. When I press return, the cursor drops to A2, leaving -test in A1.
2) Tried inserting the hyphen only, and then return. The selection moves to B1 and 'B1' also appears next to the hyphen in box A1, so I would have to re-select A1 and then delete the 'B1' before I could continue.
3) After inserting the hyphen in A1 (or any other box), in order for it to remain OK I have to click on the green arrow 'Accept" before moving on to the next selection. I have not come across this problem with any other entry.
Thank you very much indeed for keeping it simple for me. As you see in Lorinda 2) above it is essential at my level!!!

Would it be an idea to uninstal Neo Office and re-instal it from another site, and then see what happens?
Thanks again, ladies, for your help.

jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Is there a spreadsheet in Neo Office?

Stoat wrote:

Jacqueline;
1)Followed your instructions down to to 12. When I press return, the cursor drops to A2, leaving -test in A1.

That's good, that's exactly what you/we want.
Quote:

2) Tried inserting the hyphen only, and then return. The selection moves to B1 and 'B1' also appears next to the hyphen in box A1, so I would have to re-select A1 and then delete the 'B1' before I could continue.

Is the cell B1 surrounded with a red line?
Quote:

3) After inserting the hyphen in A1 (or any other box), in order for it to remain OK I have to click on the green arrow 'Accept" before moving on to the next selection. I have not come across this problem with any other entry.

That's very strange. "Something" occurs for you with the hyphen character. Unfortunately I've no explanation Sad
Quote:

Would it be an idea to uninstal Neo Office and re-instal it from another site, and then see what happens?

From where did you download NeoOffice?

If you downloaded it from Trinity, i.e. from

http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/en/download.php

there is absolutely no problem. Of course, you can reinstall it, but it's useless to re-download it.

Jacqueline
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject:

I am as puzzled as Jacqueline. I set my keyboard input to British, but the hyphen works correctly for me, so that's not the issue.

I notice that you said you are using 10.4.9. Is there a reason that you haven't upgraded to 10.4.11?

I'd like you to go the NeoOffice menu and choose Preferences.

Click on NeoOffice in the left hand column of the window that appears.
Now click on Java.

You will need to wait for a bit, but a list of Java versions will appear. Please tell us the Vendor name and the full version number (i.e. 1.5.0._13) of each item listed. Then tell us which one has been selected.

Lorinda
Stoat
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Lorinda;
1) Yes, I do in fact have 10.4.11 after all.
2)There are two Java entries - the one currently selected is Apple Computer Inc v1.5.0_07
Jacqueline;
1) Yes, there is the red box.
2) Don't recall from whence (a good English word!!) I downloaded NeoOffice, but at my level of competency I would have expected it to have been from the main Trinity website.

Never mind, ladies, I am grateful for your help but when all is said and done this is a situation I can live with.

Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Stoat wrote:

2)There are two Java entries - the one currently selected is Apple Computer Inc v1.5.0_07

The latest Java for both OS X 10.4 and 10.5 is 1.5.0_13. You can download the latest update from Software Update.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2