· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - General questions about NeoOffice
General questions about NeoOffice

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Translation bug

Hello, I have used OpenOffice 3.0.0 and I have seen that all the untranslated menus in NeoOffice are translated in OpenOffice, why NeoOffice does not add these translations?
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Translation bug

netocp-1 wrote:
I have used OpenOffice 3.0.0 and I have seen that all the untranslated menus in NeoOffice are translated in OpenOffice, why NeoOffice does not add these translations?

Can you please confirm the version of OpenOffice.org you are using? 3.0.0 seems a little old.

You can determine the version of OpenOffice.org by selecting the Help :: About OpenOffice.org?

thanks --fran
netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: hello

Im using OpenOffice 3.0.0 because is the only one available for PPC Macs.
MacRat
Sake Horner
Sake Horner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject:

The OpenOffice.org download links shows 3.1.0 available for PPC.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject:

If you are actually using OpenOffice.org 3.0.0, then tell us exactly which menus are not in Spanish. For example, the File :: Save menu.

Patrick
netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject:

MacRat wrote:
The OpenOffice.org download links shows 3.1.0 available for PPC.

I use the spanish version of OpenOffice and OpenOffice 3.1 is not available in spanish maybe in some other languages.

netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Well

pluby wrote:
If you are actually using OpenOffice.org 3.0.0, then tell us exactly which menus are not in Spanish. For example, the File :: Save menu.

Ok, I can remember that the untranslated menus are:

*NeoOffice menu and all its submenus (except the new documents submenus): About NeoOffice, Preferences, Hide NeoOffice, Hide others, Quit NeoOffice.

*Help menu check for Updates submenu.

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Well

netocp-1 wrote:
Ok, I can remember that the untranslated menus are:

*NeoOffice menu and all its submenus (except the new documents submenus): About NeoOffice, Preferences, Hide NeoOffice, Hide others, Quit NeoOffice.

*Help menu check for Updates submenu.

So this is at least the tenth time that the "issue" has been reported so I will summarize the what I have stated in all of those other posts:

1. You are using Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger
2. NeoOffice uses Apple's Java to create those menus
3. Apple's Java on Mac OS !0.4.11 Tiger has no Spanish translations for those menus

Apple did not add Spanish translations for these menu items until Mac OS X 10.5 so the "fix" is to upgrade to Mac OS X Leopard.

Patrick
netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Oh

Thanks patric to explain me that. And sorry I think I had to search to see if this "issue" was before posted.
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Well

pluby wrote:
Apple did not add Spanish translations for these menu items until Mac OS X 10.5 so the "fix" is to upgrade to Mac OS X Leopard.

For added convenience, it has been reported that the new $30 Snow Leopard upgrade disc can also upgrade Tiger.

So if you are not on a PPC machine, this can be a relatively painless upgrade.

Best wishes,
Oscar

netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Hello

Embarassed Well, I am Samuel the one who a few days ago said his purpose to abandon NeoOffice for Office 2008. Well now I have seen by myself that Office 2008 (at my opinion) is the last software I would choose for an iBook g4 computer. It is slow, heavy and eats the most memory and resources of my Mac. OpenOffice is just the same maybe with some enhancements but the same. I do not know how could I think abandon NeoOffice Project. NeoOffice is a very good software and is FREE. It is the only Office Suite that is not slow on my mac, and I have had NeoOffice since it released its 2.2.2 version. I think I could not abandon NeoOffice for some other software. I confirm my stay on NeoOffice and I will continue helping to the project in everything I can Very Happy

Last edited by netocp-1 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Welcome back! Smile

Smokey

Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Re: Hello

netocp-1 wrote:
Well now I have seen by myself that Office 2008 (at my opinion) is the last software I would choose for an iBook g4 computer. It is slow, heavy and eats the most memory and resources of my Mac.

I have a shiny unibody aluminium MacBook and I downgraded from Office 2008 to Office 2004 (next to my preferred NeoOffice, of course).

The 2004 version is just as fast to me under Rosetta as the native 2008, and I prefer its smaller interface and not mucking up the formatting of my graphs. The only Office 2008 thing I kept was the updated fonts..

But I still wonder why Office for Mac cannot do something like indent from the right of a cell in Excel, when Office for PC can. I guess this is what keeps people like Codeweavers in business.

I feel a little worried sometimes when a document comes up in NeoOffice because the vague grey formatting line aids make it look messy, but I haven't found many fidelity issues recently when it comes to output.

I am looking forward to the day when I can use Wine or Crossover for residual Windows applications that require absolute fidelity with Windows users, and use NeoOffice for everything else.

netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: A question

I'm using NeoOffice 3.0.1 Early Access and I want to know something. In OpenOffice.org 3.x the shadow used to select something in any program is the same configured in system preferences. In NeoOffice the this shadow is black and never is the same as the configured in system preferences as OpenOffice is. Why? I don't know if this question has been asked before but I haven't found it.
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject:

The reason that we removed the OpenOffice.org 3.0.1 highlighting color feature was because during the NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access Program, several donors requested that we remove this feature because the new highlighting caused the highlighted text to be partially obscured and made it difficult to read.

The original discussion is in this forum topic.

--fran
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3