NeoOffice :: View topic - Addicted to Battlestar Galactica
Addicted to Battlestar Galactica

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Don't worry...soon season 2.1 DVDs should be out then we can all satiate ourselves with watching commentaries and deleted scenes.

And there's always B5 to catch up on...

ed
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
Don't worry...soon season 2.1 DVDs should be out then we can all satiate ourselves with watching commentaries and deleted scenes.

And there's always B5 to catch up on...

But there is no Star Trek series to catch up on "sniff"...

I never watched B5 and don't plan on starting. I don't want this place to turn into a complete mess.

James
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject:

B5 definitely is worth it. Be sure to set aside at least 3 weeks for viewing the 30+ DVDs. And lots of beer.

I purposely never watched Enterprise so at least there's one ST series I have left with which to smoke the great crack when I start getting the cold spells.

ed
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
B5 definitely is worth it. Be sure to set aside at least 3 weeks for viewing the 30+ DVDs. And lots of beer.

I purposely never watched Enterprise so at least there's one ST series I have left with which to smoke the great crack when I start getting the cold spells.

Speaking of 'cold spells' crack open weather.com and look at Phoenix AZ. They broke their dry spell in a major way today. They have flooding downtown right now and the rain keeps on coming. I'm somewhere Southeast of them. And we had a dry spell of over 100 days with no measurable rain. That is rain of less than .1 of an inch. And I'm trying burn a commercially made log in the stove and it is not burning that well.

James
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject:

So I finally watched the finale last night (I was away when it aired, and the tape kinda sat around waiting...)....

WT@$@#$@#$#@$@ !?

/me wonders how they're going to get back from this one, at least without actually reducing the human population down to the dozen we see regularly....

Smokey

The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject:

Yup, it was a kind of WTF ending. I thought it smacked a bit of the 24/Lost kind of "we need a plot twist!" writing, but whatever.

Regardless, season 3 will pick up where season 2 ended, with the discovery of New Caprica and the like. There's lots of unanswered questions which may never be explored, like how caprica 6 became a leader of the cylons. The cylons never had leaders...strange...

ed
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject:

getting closer...
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject:

ONLY
Four
more days (and evenings). Oct 6th in the states.

Philip ( resistance if futial?!? Wink )
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject:

I've only seen the Miniseries (the rest of the show never aired in France or Switzerland) Sad
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject:

oh sam... sam... you are missing greatness. i'd go to amazon and get them (or do they have them on itunes for you?)

seriously some of the best tv, not just sci fi, i've seen in a long time.
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject:

I Strongly agree with JakeOSX.

This is a award winning series (without awards? Embarassed ) that has some of the best characters, story lines, acting, camera shots, etc. It's much better than just a plain old SciFi series.

There are not many of this quality (B5...!) out there.

Question to ponder? Are the current Cylons the next generation of ... humans? Every 1000 years or so?? Shocked

Double Bonus question: Is Number 6 really in his head - psychie vs. chip/implant vs.imaginition vs. or-What?!? Arrrrrgh! brain freeze! Rolling Eyes

Philip ( Computers and Scifi - they just go together! Wink )

\ Microsoft! "you will be assimulated - restance is futile!" Shocked Twisted Evil
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Four more days! And with the new 2.5 DVD set I've watched almost all of them in preparation...

Really though, I wonder why it is that people just can't even watch a TV show online, especially if it's not available in their country Sad Up on the iTunes Store they have a free download of the synopsis of season 1 and 2, but I'd not watch it if you haven't seen the series. It really is one of the better ones on TV and dives a lot into exploring contemporary issues in a more abstract setting. It's also got a dark color and is definitely not campy in the slightest.

Doesn't even iTunes or any other download site offer them, or are they blocked there too? I suppose worst case scenerio you could get the DVDs, but I don't know if they have them in Region 2 (another stupid TV/hollywood idea, IMHO Sad )

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
Really though, I wonder why it is that people just can't even watch a TV show online, especially if it's not available in their country Sad

OPENSTEP wrote:
I suppose worst case scenerio you could get the DVDs, but I don't know if they have them in Region 2 (another stupid TV/hollywood idea, IMHO Sad )

ed

They might not call it "Region 2" but it's the same thing. Razz

Given the progression of technology, I don't see why Hollywood doesn't just do (near) simultaneous releases around the world instead of sticking to this archaic system of pretending we live in a world where it takes months for stuff to cross oceans Razz

Smokey

Cipher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject:

It's no fantasy that some people will actually pay a lot more to get something that no-one else has yet (*cough* latest macs...) - so the (non-pirate) DVD industry seems to work their way through the regions from richest to poorest, kind of thing, exploitng what the market will bear. I find it amusing and surreal that a film will come out on DVD here in the UK at around £15-20 and then be £3-5 a year later, but just occasionally I bite the worm myself - the original 'Bedazzled' has just come out, and I forked out £19 because I've been waiting a long time for this to happen! (say the magic words: Julie Andrews...)
Meanwhile, iTunes store UK has yet to have any movies or TV available on it. And we've yet to experience the latest cylonic irrigation.

- padmavyuha
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject:

iTunes movies (even free ones) are US-only. I was thinking of getting the DVDs a while ago, but I just don't have the time to watch all the episodes ...

All my DVD players are codefree, and my Mac has two drives (one set to region 1, the other to region 2). The vast majority of the DVDs I own come from the US Smile
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7