· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Addicted to Battlestar Galactica
Addicted to Battlestar Galactica

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knoxer
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject:

I just recently started watching. Enjoyed the free "get up to speed" video from iTunes, and the first episode of this season last week. I just wish they didn't say "friggin" or "frackin" so much... really it just sounds stupid...
MacRat
Sake Horner
Sake Horner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject:

knoxer wrote:
I just recently started watching. Enjoyed the free "get up to speed" video from iTunes, and the first episode of this season last week. I just wish they didn't say "friggin" or "frackin" so much... really it just sounds stupid...

More stupid is the government cencorship which requires them to create an imaginary word to be used in place of a real word that is censored.
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject:

i dunno man, iTV better have some cooler stuff than just 'LOOK PIXZ1111 that MOVZ"

i mean, i know getting the movies to the tv was important... but come on.
MacRat
Sake Horner
Sake Horner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject:

jakeOSX wrote:
i dunno man, iTV better have some cooler stuff than just 'LOOK PIXZ1111 that MOVZ"

Come on what?

Moving audio bits from iTunes to the stereo was the primary fuction of the Airport Express and Apple has sold tons of them for that advertized service.
(I know one household that has THREE Airport expresses plugged into THREE different stereos.)

iTV so far has only been advertized as the Airport Express for video.
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject:

oh my god.
jumping into the atmosphere!???

line of the show:
viper pilot: well this will be different

and! is it just me or is the music epicly better this season. I mean it is always good, but it has been so good these past few shows.
MacRat
Sake Horner
Sake Horner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject:

"Prepare for turbulence"
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject:

MacRat wrote:
jakeOSX wrote:

Come on what?

Moving audio bits from iTunes to the stereo was the primary fuction of the Airport Express and Apple has sold tons of them for that advertized service.
(I know one household that has THREE Airport expresses plugged into THREE different stereos.)

iTV so far has only been advertized as the Airport Express for video.

true, at three times the price without the router functions of the express. hence the 'come on' coment. maybe more of a 'is that really the best you could do?' comment. it just seems it was half assed thought out.

then again, the thing isn't even out yet. so i withhold any true rant until then.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Well, good thing for me is that my main comptuer is close to my stereo so a nice long toslink cable does the trick. My stereo's in like the worst place for wireless hubs, so I haven't used the airport express in that fashion.

I do however have a problem that my Quad is far away from my TV. While my old tibook 400 has svideo out, it really doesn't have enough horsepower to decode video encoded at high bitrates without dropping frames. While of course watching TV on a 23" LCD isn't bad, it still isn't what's in front of my sofa Smile

From my perspective it kinda works out...I don't want to have to buy a dedicated computer to just sit next to my TV and play videos when I already have multiple perfectly good machines that can do just that. And hopefully I can use it to play DVDs from other regions from my computer to my TV too Smile

Do I wish it was more than what was announced? Of course! But I'm sure for some folks it'll fit their niche exactly. And yes, I believe it is definitely a niche.

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Beware of Centurions....

CylonOLantern
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Smile

It's a bit expensive for an *OLantern though ...
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject:

ok, it is time to change the begining. because since the last few episodes of season 2.5 it has become VERY obvious that the cylons don't have a plan. they don't really even have a clue.
MacRat
Sake Horner
Sake Horner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject:

jakeOSX wrote:
ok, it is time to change the begining. because since the last few episodes of season 2.5 it has become VERY obvious that the cylons don't have a plan. they don't really even have a clue.

Technically the plan is changing on them.

They came to New Caprica with the plan to integrate with the humans. Then the sheep rebelled and screwed that plan.

Apparently the new plan now is to find Earth before the fleet does.

But I agree. Ron Moore seems to being pulling the plot out of his butt like he did for Deep Space Nine.

There is clearly no planned long term plot like say Babylon 5.
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject:

reminds me of a dilbert:

here is the schedule, it has been updated to reflect changes

meaning you couldn't meet the schedule

schedules can change

yeah, they are called 'calendars'
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject:

jakeOSX wrote:

Yeah the cylons seem to have planning skills on par with the product development strategy of Corel. Perhaps we should send six to business school?

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
Yeah the cylons seem to have planning skills on par with the product development strategy of Corel. Perhaps we should send six to business school?

LOL.

I'm still upset with Novell and Corel over their driving of WP into the ground completely Evil or Very Mad

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7