Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - General questions about NeoOffice
General questions about NeoOffice

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: General questions about NeoOffice

Well I've seen OpenOffice 3.0.1 and I can see that NeoOffice has some lost features, features that are present in OpenOffice 3.0.1 but not in NeoOffice 3.0. One of these is that OpenOffice shows small icons in the menus of the menubar. For example in File menu, Open, Save and Print have small icons before text and NeoOffice doesn't show these icons. Why?

Something else, why NeoOffice has still some untranslated menus into spanish? I thought that OpenOffice would fix it in the 3.0.1 and that NeoOffice would integrate this fix in 3.0.0?

And something else, I want to know why don't integrate the NeoOffice user guide volume 2 into NeoOffice download?

Last edited by netocp-1 on Sat May 16, 2009 9:57 am; edited 2 times in total
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice doesn't have some OpenOffice's features

netocp-1 wrote:
OpenOffice shows small icons in the menus of the menubar. For example in File menu, Open, Save and Print have small icons before text and NeoOffice doesn't show these icons. Why?

This is normal. NeoOffice has never supported display of icons in the native Mac OS X menus as it really is considered very un-Mac to do so. OpenOffice.org has the option to display the icons because, unlike most Mac applications, display of icons is very common on Windows and Linux.

If you select the menu NeoOffice :: Preferences :: NeoOffice :: View there is a checkbox labeled Show icons in menus. If this is checked popup menus do show icons because NeoOffice's popup menus are not native Mac OS X popup menus.

netocp-1 wrote:
Something else, why NeoOffice has still some untranslated menus into spanish? I thought that OpenOffice would fix it in the 3.0.1 and that NeoOffice would integrate this fix in 3.0.0?

Can you please provide some examples of what menus are translated to Spanish in OpenOffice.org 3.0.1 and are not translated in NeoOffice 3.0?

netocp-1 wrote:
And something else, I want to know why don't integrate the NeoOffice user guide volume 2 into NeoOffice download?

The NeoOffice download is already quite large and I do not think we want to add the User Guides to it. It will tax our mirrors more and some people who download NeoOffice are not necessarily interested in the User Guides. For example, they may already have the guides if they are long time NeoOffice users.

--fran
netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: NeoOffice's untranslated menus

Quote:
Can you please provide some examples of what menus are translated to Spanish in OpenOffice.org 3.0.1 and are not translated in NeoOffice 3.0?

I think you didn't understand what I mean. What I said in my past post is that I thought that OpenOffice would translate, in version 3.0.1, all its unstranslated menus, but now I know that it wasn't so. Because if NeoOffice 3.0 show some untranslated menus, it means that OpenOffice 3.0.1 didn't translate'em. I didn't mean that OpenOffice did translate all untranslated menus and that NeoOffice 3.0 didn't show'em, what I meant was, Why OpenOffice didn't translate all the untranslated menu so that the new translations appear in NeoOffice 3.0?

I hope you understand my point.

narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice's untranslated menus

netocp-1 wrote:
what I meant was, Why OpenOffice didn't translate all the untranslated menu so that the new translations appear in NeoOffice 3.0?

Thank you for the clarification.

Unfortunately we do not know why Sun Microsystems' OpenOffice.org writers did not translate all the menu items to Spanish. Sun Microsystems' OpenOffice.org development functions are not transparent to us.

Spanish is listed as a supported language in OpenOffice.org's commercial product, StarOffice. You may want to download the Spanish build of OpenOffice.org 3.1.0 and see if all the menus are now translated to Spanish. If not, you can file a bug in the OpenOffice.org issue tracker to see if the core OpenOffice.org developers have the resources to translate the menus to Spanish and if they fix your bug, the new behavior will get included in a future release of NeoOffice:

http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling/pre_submission.html

Note: our advice is to not mention NeoOffice as mentioning NeoOffice may cause OOo volunteers to accidentally close it without actually reviewing your feature request.

--fran
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice's untranslated menus

netocp-1 wrote:
I think you didn't understand what I mean. What I said in my past post is that I thought that OpenOffice would translate, in version 3.0.1, all its unstranslated menus, but now I know that it wasn't so.

Just to make sure, you did install the NeoOffice languagepack for Spanish, right? No offense intended, just checking.

Best wishes,
Oscar

netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Yes I did.

ovvldc wrote:
Just to make sure, you did install the NeoOffice languagepack for Spanish, right? No offense intended, just checking.

Well, I installed the NeoOffice Language Pack Spanish after installing the NeoOffice main package, and always the same untranslated menus that appeared in NeoOffice 2.2.5 are the same untranslated menus that now appear in NeoOffice 3.0. Well, and now (I don't know if it occured in NeoOffice 2.2.5, too) a few lines of the help are untranslated too. But whatever, NeoOffice remains being the best free office suit for Mac. I hope OpenOffice fix this translation bug.

netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Hello

Well, you know, I've got a question about changing my nickname in the forum. I was thinking about to change my e-mail address and therefore change my nickname in the forums. But I want to know, can I change my nickname and change my e-mail address in the forums? If so, with which name will appear my previous posts, with my old nickname or with my new nickname? Confused
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Click on the "Profile" page at the top of the forum browsing. That should let you alter your handle and your e-mail address. Worst case you can create a second user account Smile

ed
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
Click on the "Profile" page at the top of the forum browsing. That should let you alter your handle and your e-mail address. Worst case you can create a second user account Smile

Actually, you can only change your e-mail address. Although you edit your handle in the Profile page, those edits are ignored by the forum software and your handle will not change.

Patrick
netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Hello

I was thinking about to create a NeoWiki account, but isn't so clear for me the idea about how to create it, can anyone help me to understand how can I create a NeoWiki account? Confused
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Following is the NeoWiki article for new users:

http://neowiki.neooffice.org/index.php/New_User

--fran
netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: I think I've found...

Hello. Well, I think I've found a bug on NeoOffice. When one chooses a font from the Fonts List in the toolbar, is supposed to see the lastest used fonts first splited by a line, right?, Well, after runnig NeoOffice and use some fonts, the used fonts aren't shown first in the list (as in NeoOffice 2.2.5 was). I think this feature is very important because is used as a shortcut. Ok, I hope you understand my point.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: I think I've found...

netocp-1 wrote:
Hello. Well, I think I've found a bug on NeoOffice. When one chooses a font from the Fonts List in the toolbar, is supposed to see the lastest used fonts first splited by a line, right?, Well, after runnig NeoOffice and use some fonts, the used fonts aren't shown first in the list (as in NeoOffice 2.2.5 was). I think this feature is very important because is used as a shortcut. Ok, I hope you understand my point.

Unfortunately, I see the same behavior in OpenOffice.org 3.0.1 (the version that NeoOffice 3.0 is based on) so this appears to be a change that Sun Microsystems' OpenOffice.org engineers made at some point after NeoOffice 2.2.5 was released.

Patrick
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject:

If Show Font History is checked in the Prefs (NeoOffice::View) then it's certainly trying to do something - when you select a new font, until your mouse is actually on the dropdown list, the previous font shows, too high up with a line under it, but then the first font in the list is drawn on top of it:

Once the mouse has been into that list, this disappears.

- padmavyuha
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject:

yoxi wrote:
Once the mouse has been into that list, this disappears.

So this is another OpenOffice.org 3.0.1 bug?

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3