Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Printer is not printing graphics from NeoOfficeJ, only text.
Printer is not printing graphics from NeoOfficeJ, only text.

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trawler
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Printer is not printing graphics from NeoOfficeJ, only text.

When printing text letters with photos and graphics, only the text is printing. The space for the photos just comes up blank.
(I do not have this problem when I print from Text Edit.)

I have a PowerBook G4 Mac OS X (10.4.6) / 1.33 GHz PowerPC G4, 12-inch
I have a HP Deskjet 6840 and work with NeoOfficeJ 1.1

I have done something to mess this up and can not find it.
I would appreciate Help with this.[/b]
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject:

hi there.

first think i would recommend is to upgrade to neo 1.2.2. a lot of bug fixes happened from 1.1 to 1.2.2

once you do that, give it a shot and let us know if it works.

-j
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Definitely try 1.2.2 first. If that isn't an option (e.g. if you're still on OS X 10.2)0, you may want to consider trying to export to PDF using the built-in PDF exporter (File > Export...) and then trying to print using Preview.

ed
rays
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: Printer is not printing graphics from NeoOfficeJ, only t

Trawler wrote:

I have done something to mess this up and can not find it.

Check that you have not de-selected graphics printing in the relevant preference pane.

For word-processor documents, this can be found in the Menu item

NeoOffice/J>Preferences>Text Document>Print dialogue as the first item in the left hand column. If the checkbox is unchecked, this tells NeoJ not to print graphics, which are the signs you describe.

This can also be detected when you print using the File>Print menu itme (or cmnd+P) but not the Print directly icon in the toolbar. Using the first method results in a second window appearing after hitting the print button in the normal print dialog. You can see in this second "Printer Options" window whether Graphics printing is checked or un-checked.

Using the Printer icon in the toolbar bypasses this second "Printer Options" window so, if that is your normal method of printing, you will not have seen the "Printer Options" dialog which shows the current default settings for print corresponding to the choices made in NeoOffice/J>Preferences>Text Document>Print dialogue, as described above.

Trust this helps.

Please let us know if this is the fix...

(If it is, a small donation to the project would be handsome reward for our dedicated developers...)

Kind regards,

Trawler
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Lets not mess with Neo/J anymore...

I now have High Speed Internet and downloading is no problem for large files.
What is the difference between NeoOffice 1.2.2 and NeoOffice 2.0 Alpha?
finn_bryant
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject:

NeoOffice 2.0 is far better, there is a slightly greater (theoretical) chance of crashing, but it is a great improvment on 1.2.2.

its basically caught up with openoffice.

and it hasn't crashed once for me yet, it froze for 10 seconds once, but thats it.
Jim
Councilperson

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject:

Neo2A3 even runs faster on this antique of mine. Screen redraws are no faster, but that's not Neo's fault.

Be sure to d/l and install Patch Level 1 after installing Neo 2 Alpha 3.

Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject:

Well, NeoOffice 1.2 is based on OpenOffice.org 1.1.5's codebase, whereas NeoOffice 2.0 Alpha is based on OpenOffice.org 2.0.2. The newer version has more features (including read & write native support for OASIS OpenDocument formats - Neo 1.2 can only read them) but isn't as stable (although not as unstable as some Alpha software) ...
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1