NeoOffice :: View topic - NO cash on OS X 10.4.0
NO cash on OS X 10.4.0

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radon
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: NO cash on OS X 10.4.0

Hello,

I just downloaded the 2.0 aqua beta. it works fine but when I quit the application it crash (while quiting).
Is this a know problem with this beta version?

and just another question: is it possible to chance the default font from times new roman to arial?

thanks
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: NO cash on OS X 10.4.0

radon wrote:

and just another question: is it possible to chance the default font from times new roman to arial?

Yes you can. Go to NeoOffice -> Preferences -> NeoOfficeWriter -> Default font (i guess the last one is the correct translation of what I see) and chage your font there.

Valter
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: NO cash on OS X 10.4.0

radon wrote:
I just downloaded the 2.0 aqua beta. it works fine but when I quit the application it crash (while quiting).
Is this a know problem with this beta version?

Did you read all those important warnings and install Patch 14?

Edit: are you really using 10.4.0? If so, I really recommend that you install the Apple system updates as 10.4.0 and the Java version shipped with it were extremely buggy and Apple didn't really get these things sorted out until a few updates later.

Patrick
radon
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Re: NO cash on OS X 10.4.0

pluby wrote:

Did you read all those important warnings and install Patch 14?

Edit: are you really using 10.4.0? If so, I really recommend that you install the Apple system updates as 10.4.0 and the Java version shipped with it were extremely buggy and Apple didn't really get these things sorted out until a few updates later.

Patrick

You are right I'm using 10.4.8. And I downloaded the patch and it looks like it 's fine now Very Happy thanks

valterb wrote:

Yes you can. Go to NeoOffice -> Preferences -> NeoOfficeWriter -> Default font (i guess the last one is the correct translation of what I see) and chage your font there.
Valter

Ok I got it. Thanks. The settings are really cool. And also the disability possiblilities (icon size, backgroud color..). But this is just one other reason to delete word and use NO Wink

cheers
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: NO cash on OS X 10.4.0

radon wrote:
Ok I got it. Thanks. The settings are really cool. And also the disability possiblilities (icon size, backgroud color..). But this is just one other reason to delete word and use NO Wink

Additionally in the 2.1 release in March we'll be adding in better support for adhering fully to theme colors and ShapeShifter which some of our users use to make the overall operating system less or more contrasty to make it easier for them to see.

ed
radon
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: NO cash on OS X 10.4.0

OPENSTEP wrote:

Additionally in the 2.1 release in March we'll be adding in better support for adhering fully to theme colors and ShapeShifter which some of our users use to make the overall operating system less or more contrasty to make it easier for them to see.

ed

Great.
BTW: do you know a good shapeshifter theme for amblyopia (high contrast, blue/withe)? I cound't find anything....
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Offhand I don't know of any high contrast blue/white themes; the Unity theme is pretty high contrast black/white. Perhaps some of the folks here who use it may have better suggestions Smile

Another thing with ShapeShifter is that it comes with a guiTweak utility that allows you to change the colors of the themes. If you find one that's high enough contrast, you may be able to tweak its colors to blue and black.

Again, the color tweaks for text won't work with 2.0AB3...some of the backgrounds will work, but control color text tweaks will not. This will be addressed in the 2.1 March release. Still, it may be something that can help you in other applications as well.

ed
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: NO cash on OS X 10.4.0

radon wrote:
BTW: do you know a good shapeshifter theme for amblyopia (high contrast, blue/withe)? I cound't find anything....

Hmm - on the whole, shapeshifter themes that aren't black tend to be fairly low contrast affairs - but if you could be more specific I might be able to help: is that dark or light blue you're looking for? I can recommend Blueprint and EYLO as mid-blue but still contrasty themes.

- padmavyuha
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1