Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Using Impress with a projector
Using Impress with a projector

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dndrich
Operator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Using Impress with a projector

Neopals:

Yesterday I tried to use my MacBook with an older InFocus projector. I was trying to show slides from Impress. My MacBook has a resolution of 1200/800 widescreen. The slide show in Impress gives appropriate black letterbox on the sides so that the slides look like typical 4 by 3 on the computer screen. Now, the InFocus projector has a resolution of 1024/768. I could not find a combination that would show slides at all, let alone correctly. I tried mirroring, and setting the MacBook at 1024/768. Impress acted strangely, and the computer didn't crash, but really hung. Dashboard disappeared. Is the projector just too old? Do I need a projector capable of widescreen formats? Is this an issue with Impress?
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Video mirroring should work just fine as that's what I use. Make sure you have the latest patch. If you still have problems, quit the application fully, then enable mirroring, then relaunch. You also may want to try a smaller resolution, such as 800x600. If your presentation is primarily text and vector graphics, smaller screen sizes require less memory to generate the fullscreen graphics and will make performance snappier.

ed
dndrich
Operator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject:

OK, but the thing is, with Impress, it is set to show the slide assuming a widescreen, so it puts black bars on the sides. Will those go away? I'll have to try it...

Daniel
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject:

They should go away if you switch to one of those resolutions that don't do that (800x600). When the built-in display is mirroring in one of those resolutions the sidebars are put onto the main LCD of the laptop by the videocard unless you do it in "stretched" mode, but they shouldn't be on the video output Smile

I've also only ever done this on PowerBooks that have the dual video support...things may be different on the MacBook.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1