Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Help ... about using neooffice instead of office works
Help ... about using neooffice instead of office works

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitflash
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Help ... about using neooffice instead of office works

have recently bought imac 24" after disaster death of power book.... its great but having shared office works... do not have them on new Mac.. have restored all old docs. and work ... and am currently on 'trial' with office works so that i can use them..but want to change to iworks i think. However , am trying neooffice -suggestion from friend, question is... when my 'trial' with office works ends in 2 days... will i be able to open and work my officeworks word docs with neooffice?... or will i suddenly loose all my docs. from the last 7 years???
All replies and help will be geatly appreciated.
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject:

First of all, you posted twice somehow, and I deleted the first of those posts.

Second: Yes, NeoOffice reads MS Word documents. It has, in fact, gotten quite good at that. It also does Excel reasonably well and with Powerpoint loses some of the formatting. Every now and again something fails, and macros are not supported (except in Excel), but your content should be safe.

As for MS Works for Windows or iWorks, I do not think it loads their native file formats, but if you saved them as MS Word documents, you should be fine.

You can find a complete list of document types that Neo supports here: http://neowiki.neooffice.org/index.php/NeoOffice_File_Formats

Best wishes,
Oscar

kitflash
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject:

Thank you for that Oscar ... thats great to know!
x
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1