Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOff2.1 Spreadsheet/Copy/Paste
NeoOff2.1 Spreadsheet/Copy/Paste

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
universe
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: NeoOff2.1 Spreadsheet/Copy/Paste

A five sheet spreadsheet has become corrupted. Did a copy/paste of the data setting up a new spreadsheet. Except for the date data was not corrupted. Why is that the date when copied changes? I've now a mass of dates for 2009 & 2010 instead of 05/06 and I don't look forward to correcting them. Continuous dates aren't too bad. Is there a means whereby the date can be copied without changing? It was a bugbear in N.O.2.0.
rv8
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Is this possibly a problem with the setting in Preferences -> NeoOffice Calc -> Calculate -> Date? That setting changes the reference date (i.e. the date for day 0). As far as I can tell, this cannot be set on a document by document basis.
universe
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Kevin this appears to be the answer to the problem. It makes sense to set the same date base.

However, if NeoOffice is clicked/ then NeoOffice Calc clicked a panel appears and that's that. There are no options etc. Same if Tools/Options/NeoOffice Calc is selected. The same panel appears but no options.
universe
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Kevin, tried setting the date on anothe copy/paste. It didn't work. Not only does it change the year from 05 to 09, but it also advances the first date by a day. So there's a right mess.
rv8
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Did you click the little triangle to the left of "NeoOffice Calc" in the preferences window? The Calculate settings are in a lower level window.
universe
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject:

Thanks - Oh! I didn't scroll down. That has solved the copy/date problem.
However, decided to copy the Deleted Sheet 2 back into its original spreadsheet. That has really stuffed things up. Print PreView doesn't function period.
Thanks again
Rex
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1