Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Insert Spreadsheet Button for Text Document
Insert Spreadsheet Button for Text Document

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gbh
Councilperson

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Insert Spreadsheet Button for Text Document

I want to create a button on the text document menu bar that I can click on and it will open up a new spreadsheet box in the text document. How do I do this? I do not want to have to separately open up the spreadsheet software. I could do a custom menu item in open office, but cannot find how to do it here.
mickeyinlalaland
Oracle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject:

I'm not sure I understand your request.
Do you want to import a spreadsheet file into a writer document using an icon or possibly a keyboard shortcut?

OR

When working in a writer document you want to open an entirely separate spreadsheet file but do not want to manually follow the path File > New > Spreadsheet
(This is done; next to the "New" icon in writer is a dropdown arrow; click on this and you can select Spreadsheet; a new window pops up with a blank spreadsheet)
gbh
Councilperson

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Thanks. Sorry I wasn't clear. In the windows version of office if you are working in a word document and want to create a spreadsheet, you simply click insert spreadsheet from the tab in word and a spreadsheet opens up IN the word document where you want it. That's what I want to do here. With Open Office you can do it also, but I can't find any way to do so here. In open office, in the word processor, you click on custom for the toolbar, click on insert, then choose spreadsheet. Then, in the future when you want to open a spreadsheet in the word processor document you click the insert toolbar and select spreadsheet and it automatically opens up in the document. How can I do that here?
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject:

Click on the drop-arrow at the end on the toolbar you want to add to, and choose Customise Toolbar. Then click on the Add button, and the option you're looking for is Insert->OLE Object - when you click on your new toolbar button, you'll get a dialogue allowing you to choose to insert a spreadsheet, chart, drawing, presentation, or formula - either as a new object, or from an existing file.

I hope this is what you're looking for.

- padmavyuha
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1