Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Wrong Field Position in Form
Wrong Field Position in Form

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frank_weber
Red Pill

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject: Wrong Field Position in Form

A hello at you forum users,

I would like to announce myself as a new member in the forum
and also equal a question bring along:) .
I work with the Mac Port of OpenOffice, Neooffice 2,1 Patch 7, my problem am situated however think I at the roots from OpenOffice. I have a data
base created with a table and a form. This form I have to the better Handling modified of adapted stilesize, position and writing colour of the fields. After closing the form in the processing mode and complete all fields open to the form in the opinion and input mode are all fields completely to the lefthand side shifted, thus also one above the other.
I have the individual fields at the page embodied and also in the menu "position & size" both points are safed.
Nevertheless all fields come again into "disorder" after storing.
What do I make false? Does someone know the problem or even its
solution?

Thanks for your work and a nice day

Frank
mickeyinlalaland
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Welcome -
Can you test your database file in OpenOffice 2.1 X11?
Does the problem still exist?
frank_weber
Red Pill

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Wrong Field Position in Form

hi mickeyinlalaland,

the database (form) i have testet in OpenOffice 2.3.0 aqua, that is nativ under OSX. The Form ist OK but one field jumps to the left pagesite.
If i the form opened then in NeoOffice the Form ist still Ok even the first field stay right side.
If i open the Form then in edit mode, save and reopen all fields in disorder Sad.

I think the Problem is not only Neooffice but it is bigger in NeoOffice.

Greatings

Frank
mickeyinlalaland
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject:

NeoOffice 2.1 is based on OpenOffice.org 2.1, NeoOffice has integrated dozens of native Mac features. Yet some errors are do due to the fact that the error exists in OOo 2.1 code.

You cannot compare programming similarities to OOo 2.3 - which by the way is only a snapshot of it's development to a specific date - that it is not an officially released application and comes with the warning: "there are no guarantees."

If your error persists in OOo 2.1; then you would have take your issue to the developers at OpenOffice.org.

If your issue is not duplicated in OOo 2.1; then you should continue posting here.

BTW: Did you create the form in OOo 2.3?
frank_weber
Red Pill

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Wrong Field Position in Form

Hi mickeyinlalaland,

surely your Note is correctly. I have the OpenOffice aqua version 2.3 only installed for testing. I will download the correctly version of OpenOffice that gives the roots of NeoOffice an then i will test and give an answer to the questions Ok?

Thanks and greetings.

Frank
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject:

frank, just remember that you have to install X11 to use OpenOfice.org 2.1 for Mac OS X (which isn't native like the 2.3 snapshot). An X11 installation how-to is available here :

http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/
frank_weber
Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Wrong Field Position in Form

Hi at all,

now i`ve installed OpenOffice 2.1 an opend the database. Form is displayed ok, fields on the right place. Now i change a little Field at right and back, then safe and close the form and the database on ooo 2.1 under x11. Open Neooffice 2.1, open the database an the form - all fields are in disorder Crying or Very sad
I open the database and form in ooo 2.1 under x11 it works fine Confused

Now i think it is realy a problem with neooffice!

I hope there is an idea for an solution of the problem ?

Thanks for your help!

Frank
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject:

If it works in OpenOffice.org X11 2.1 but not in NeoOffice 2.1, then you should file a bug in BugZilla and attach a document that reproduces the bug.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1