Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - problems with Undo in spellcheck
problems with Undo in spellcheck

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psik
Red Pill

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: problems with Undo in spellcheck

Many times when I am checking the spelling of my document and I want to undo...it doesn't work..says by mistake I clicked "Change" and then i change my mind when I click undo on the spellchekcer box it just doesn't go back
Please fix this issue

And moreoever, neooeffice seems to have spellchecking issues, sometimes it misses wrong words? maybe?
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject:

I don't know about the undo issue, but in regards to missing words, I would suggest that you read the Spellcheck article in the wiki.

In particular, you might check to see if you have "check in all languages" turned on.

Lorinda
psik
Red Pill

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: VIDEO!!

Ok I made a video here of what I mean with respect to the Undo problem !
please its only like a minute..look at it and see if u understand what I mean.

Thank you! here is the link:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/0c7cb2/
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject:

I cannot reproduce the behavior described by your video (clicking Undo brings me back to the previous word).

Could you describe your setup more precisely (version of NeoOffice & patch, version of Mac OS X, PPC/Intel)?
psik
Red Pill

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: ok, here is my setup info

Thanks for the prompt response.

My mac is Intel
Mac Os: Tiger
Version: 10.4.10

NeoOffice: 2.2.2 Patch 2

I've had this problem from earlier versions as well.

Here is two screenshots of the Language section of NeoOffice, not sure if it'll help.

Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Looking at your screenshots, I've noticed two things:

- the standard dictionary is set to English (Canada) instead of All; you could try changing it back to All and see if you can Undo again.

- your Dock doesn't seem to have a background; if you're using a haxie to get this look, you could disable it and see if it makes a difference.
psik
Red Pill

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Hey, I did both of what you said, but still with no success.

However, I have gotten a step closer to knowing what the problem actually is so hear me out:

You know that the spellchecker dialogue box, while it is going through a document will fit a specific amount of sentences in its box right? because the spellchecker box can't fit the whole document in its box at once or at least it doesn't do that...

so i dunno what it's procedure is with regards to separation, but see what happens is that whenever spellchecker moves to a NEW set, then I can't undo to the word in the PREVIOUS set, but if I am in the SAME set, i can undo to the words in THAT SAME set.
Please try that out yourself and see if it works for you. If you want I'll make a new video to clarify just what I am saying .

Thanks
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject:

psik wrote:
so i dunno what it's procedure is with regards to separation, but see what happens is that whenever spellchecker moves to a NEW set, then I can't undo to the word in the PREVIOUS set, but if I am in the SAME set, i can undo to the words in THAT SAME set.
Please try that out yourself and see if it works for you. If you want I'll make a new video to clarify just what I am saying .

A sample .odt document that demonstrates the issue would help (more than a video).

Edit: No need for a sample document. I can reproduce the issue with your new instructions.

Edit 2: I can also reproduce the issue in OpenOffice.org 2.2.1, so this is an OpenOffice.org issue.

Unfortunately, the current scope of the NeoOffice project is limited by resources to keeping a native version of OpenOffice.org running on Mac OS X and fixing OpenOffice.org feature bugs is outside that scope.

You can report this as a bug in the OpenOffice.org issue tracker to get it on the radar of the core OpenOffice.org developers and if they fix the behavior, the new behavior will get included in a future release of NeoOffice:

http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling/pre_submission.html

Note: our advice is to report the bug against OpenOffice.org and not mention NeoOffice as mentioning NeoOffice will likely cause OOo volunteers to preemptively close it without actually confirming that the bug occurs in OOo.
psik
Red Pill

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: thanks

Well, I appreciate all the help Samwise, thanks Smile
I will report this bug.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1