Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Link cells from protected spreadsheets
Link cells from protected spreadsheets

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlyHigh
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Link cells from protected spreadsheets

Hello,
I'm new in this forum and try to pass all my files from excel to NeoOffice Calc, as I'm a Mac user.
I'm able to link different cells from different spreadsheets but only if spreadsheets are not protected with a password.
Moreover I tried that the spreadsheet which collects the information can be protected, but cannot update the data if the source spreadsheet is protected with a password.

Someone can help me?
gromOSX
Keymaker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: one idea...

is it possible for you to save the original spreadsheets as a .ods after opening it in neo then try linking the data?
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Link cells from protected spreadsheets

yes, I already did it. I can open in NeoOffice the original protected Excel files and save them in .ods.
Then I opened a "general summary spreadsheet" wich wasn't able to read the linked cells in protected spreadsheets.
At that point I made a simple test (before make a huge job in changing the original excel file): I created two very simple protected spreadsheets in NeoOffice ambient with .ods extension, than I made a third one which should collect the changin information of the other two.
As I wrote, only the third (which simulate the "general summary file") can be protected and can collect the data from the other two but only if these last are NOT protected with password.

Ohter ideas or solution?
Thanks.[/u]
gromOSX
Keymaker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: paste special

seems a little too easy... but could copying the protected spreadsheet cells and choosing 'paste special' with all necessary attributes into new neo spreadsheets possibly work?
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: Link cells from protected spreadsheets

No, it doesn't work unfortunately.
Any one has another idea how to solve this problem?
I would avoid a lot of extra work....
FlyHigh
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: linking cells in protected spreadsheets

Hello All,

nobody has an answer or help for this?
It seems NeoOffice cannot permit to link cells in different calculation sheets in different files if they are protected by a password.

Please let me know if this is a lack of the program or if there are a different way to do it.

THanks so much.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1