Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Lost Templates w/install of 2.2.3
Lost Templates w/install of 2.2.3

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ursmare
Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Lost Templates w/install of 2.2.3

I saved my template file before I upgraded to 2.2.3 from 1.1.0. But I cannot find where to put the old templates. Also, I see a new file format for templates in 2.2.3.

How do I put my old 1.1.0 templates back in use.

Ray
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject:

If you did not create new templates after upgrading to NeoOffice 2.2.3, try to replace your

~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-2.2/user/template with your old template folder.

Otherwise, you can drag and drop your old templates in that folder, or you can open your templates in NeoOffice 2.2.3 and save them as templates

File > Templates > Save… Select the "My templates" Category, give your template a name and click OK.

Jacqueline
Ursmare
Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject:

J:

I went to library/preference/ and there is not NeoOffice directory there. I also opened an old .stx template then saved as a new .0tt, but it does not appear in the templates pull down anywhere.

Also, do you know if the "presentation" app works exactly like Power Point? I've just started building a PP Presentation w/Neo and I'm worried that all this work will be for not, unless this app. works where MicroSoft Power Point does.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

R
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject:

Ursmare wrote:
J:

I went to library/preference/ and there is not NeoOffice directory there. I also opened an old .stx template then saved as a new .0tt, but it does not appear in the templates pull down anywhere.

Don't mistake your Preferences folder for the System Preferences folder.
You must go to
Your_Home_Folder/Library/Preferences folder. There you will see a NeoOffice-2.2 folder, also the path is
Your_Home_Folder/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-2.2/user/template

You can see this path by going to the

NeoOffice > Preferences… menu, then select Paths in the NeoOffice section (click on the little triangle next to NeoOffice to expand this section if necessary)
Quote:

Also, do you know if the "presentation" app works exactly like Power Point? I've just started building a PP Presentation w/Neo and I'm worried that all this work will be for not, unless this app. works where MicroSoft Power Point does.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

R

Usually, the PowerPoint files open fine in NeoOffice.

Jacqueline
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject:

IIRC, your old NeoOffice preferences folder (for version 1.1) should be named "NeoOfficeJ-1.1" (w/out quotes). I don't know whether the folder structure (NeoOfficeJ-1.1/user/template) is the same as in NeoOffice 2.x versions, however.

Your old templates may be in that old NeoOffice/J 1.1 preferences folder.
Ursmare
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject:

Thank you all. I somehow, after 25 years of using a Mac, got the library folders mixed up. Why are there 2??? thanks again.

As for "Presentation" I'm worried about spending 100s of hours building what I assume to be a "Power Point" presentation in NEO's "Presentation" app. only to find when I arrive at the venue that it will not open, using the host's PC.

Will a NEO Presentation open in PowerPoint, on a PC?

Ray
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject:

Ursmare wrote:
Will a NEO Presentation open in PowerPoint, on a PC?

Only if you save your presentation as a PowerPoint .ppt file. Microsoft only cares about and supports it own file formats and does not support the .odp file format.

Patrick
Ursmare
Red Pill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject:

Pluby:

I see that Presentation allows a "save as" in what seems to be a MicroSoft compatible format - .pptx. Will that .pptx file work on a PC?

R
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject:

.pptx is the PowerPoint 2007 format. It will only work in Office 2007 and Office 2008 for Mac.

The PowerPoint 97/2000/XP (.ppt) will work in any versions of Microsoft Office since Office 97, and the PowerPoint 97/2000/XP import/export filters in OpenOffice.org and NeoOffice are much more solid than the Office 2007 filters, which are still experimental. Still, 100% accuracy cannot be guaranteed, and there will always be some documents that will lose some of the formatting when opened in another program like Microsoft Office. Most documents should be fine though.

Also, in order to minimize the potential loss of formatting when saving as PowerPoint .ppt, it is advisable to save in the ODF Presentation (.odp) format, and only save as .ppt when sending the document to Microsoft Office users.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1