NeoOffice :: View topic - spell check
spell check

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
astarikov
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: spell check

Hi,

I am trying to install a Russian spell check but it doesn't seem to be working. I have done everything that the wiki ( http://neowiki.sixthcrusade.com/index.php/Activating_Dictionaries )has told me to do, however, when I open neooffice again, and go to tools-options-writing aids, and click edit, the russian spellchecker does not appear as an option. I have closed neooffice before I installed the dictionary, and I have changed my language in preferences. I have tried to search for a solution, but I can't find one. I am not a computer programmer and am new to neooffice, so I'm sorry if this is a repeated post, but I would be really grateful if someone could help me out.

Thanks!

Anna
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject:

First of all I would like to direct you to an updated NeoWiki article:

http://neowiki.neooffice.org/index.php/Activating_Dictionaries_and_Configuring_Spellcheck_in_NeoOffice_2.x

Where did you find a link to the sixthcrusade.com site? We moved the NeoWiki site almost two years ago and I want to make sure that people get directed to the current NeoWiki site.

I have two questions for you regarding the installation of the Russian dictionary:

1. Did you install the Russian dictionary using the NeoOffice's File :: Wizard :: Install new dictionaries menu?

2. After installing the Russian dictionary did you completely quit and restart NeoOffice?

Please let us know the answers to these questions and we can see if we can get the Russian dictionary working in NeoOffice for you.

thanks --fran
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject:

The link you provide is an old location for the neowiki, and that article is out of date. Try this article instead, assuming you are using NeoOffice 2.2.5.

If you are using NeoOffice 3.0 EA, you should look at this article.

If those articles don't solve the issue, please post back.

Lorinda
astarikov
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Thanks so much! It works now that I've looked at the updated website.

I found the old site when I googled "neooffice russian spell check"

Thanks again!!

Anna
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Great. Thanks for letting us know Russian spell checking is working for you now and where you got the original link.

--fran
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject:

narf wrote:
Where did you find a link to the sixthcrusade.com site? We moved the NeoWiki site almost two years ago and I want to make sure that people get directed to the current NeoWiki site.

All of the neowiki.sixthcrusade.com articles used to redirect to their corresponding neowiki.neooffice.org articles, but the redirects stopped working some time ago. I noticed and poked Jake about it a while ago, but I guess he hasn't fixed it yet. Sad

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1