Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Printing powerpoint handouts
Printing powerpoint handouts

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dani
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Printing powerpoint handouts

I have been rather frustrated with the layouts for powerpoint handouts in the printing section. And I am very willing to accept being dumb for not being able to figure this out on my own so here goes... Im trying to print in the following handout format (the numbers are the page numbers)

1 2
3 4
5 6

but every single layout i try just isnt working. The closest ive gotten to is

2 1
4 3
6 5

Can anyone please help?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject:

One way that you can get more than one slide per page is to set the number of pages per printer page in the Mac OS X native print dialog. Can you try the following steps and tell us if they work for you? Note: if you click Preview rather than Print in the native print dialog it will avoid wasting paper):

1. Select File :: Print menu (or use Command-P or click the Print icon on the toolbar)
2. In the Mac OS X native print dialog that appears, select Layout in the lower listbox
3. Choose the number of pages per sheet and layout direction that you require
4. Click the Print (or the Preview) button

This should then produce pages with a number of slides per sheet in the proper order.

Patrick
dani
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Well im sorry if I wasnt clear but its tough to explain... but I do know how to print slides as a handout but im trying to print 6 slides per page in a format where the slides are one after another. I can get 6 different layouts when i click 6 slides... but not the format that i mentioned above, which is odd because thats the most logical format for any 6 page handout. Slides being left to right
dani
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject:

I think i figured out the right format, not optimal but it overrides me printer settings and works. Thanks for your help!
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject:

dani wrote:
I think i figured out the right format, not optimal but it overrides me printer settings and works. Thanks for your help!

I am glad to hear that your were able to get the print layout to work.

Were there any extra steps that you had to do that were missing from my steps? If so, I will make sure that I add the missing steps if any other users have the same question in the future.

Patrick
dani
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Yeah i didnt use the neooffice layout entirely and used my printer settings to printout handouts. I couldnt get the format I wanted with neooffice layout even though, as i said before, its the most logical 6 slide handout format.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1