· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Problem with Saving
Problem with Saving

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidmac
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Problem with Saving

Hello, I am having a very annoying problem with NeoOffice that does not happen with Word. NeoOffice seems to only allow the Save feature to work if an actual change has been made to the document. The problem is that NeoOffice is not recognizing a check mark (in a check box) as a change to the document. On a 20 page document, I can make numerous checks and the Save option is not available (save icon, File-Save, or Command Save) unless I add a random letter somewhere and then delete it.

The Save feature always seems to be active in Microsoft Word.

Can you make this change? I have attached a sample document for reference. The check box in question is to the left of the "1 - Full Compliance" on the right side of the document.

Any suggestions?
James3359
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject:

OK, there's something here I don't quite get. Like you, if I check the check box it doesn't activate Save. If I create a checkbox in NeoOffice it looks quite different from the box in your document - and if I then check or uncheck the box I have created that *does* activate Save.

I"m sorry that is probably not much help.

Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB
OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject:

I cannot reproduce this in OpenOffice.org 3.0.1, which NeoOffice 3.0 is based on, but I can reproduce it in my build of Novell's Go-oo. So this is a bug in Novell's Go-oo code, which we may be able to fix in NeoOffice.

Unfortunately, no development is being done on NeoOffice 3.0 at this time and all NeoOffice 3.0.1 development work and bug fixing will occur in NeoOffice 3.0.1 Early Access which is scheduled for release on 15 September 2009.

We will open a bug and put it in our queue of bugs to fix. If you are a NeoOffice 3.0.1 Early Access Program member, we will post a test patch when we have a fix.

If you are not a NeoOffice 3.0.1 Early Access member, any bug fixes that we implement during the Early Access Program will be available in NeoOffice 3.0.1 which will be available for download starting on 27 October 2009.

--fran

Last edited by narf on Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject:

Meanwhile, as a workaround, use Save As and give the doc the same name - it'll ask if you want to replace it, so there's a couple of extra steps compared to Save - but at least you get to save your changed doc.

- padmavyuha
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject:

FYI: I have added bug 3540 to our bug tracking system.

--fran
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject:

FYI. I have found the Novell Go-oo that causes this bug. That same code also causes the checkboxes to not look like regular checkboxes.

In any case, I will include the fix in the NeoOffice 3.0.1 Early Access release on 15 September 2009.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1