Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Selected cell highlight stops working
Selected cell highlight stops working

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dank4ak
Sentinel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Selected cell highlight stops working

After Neooffice Calc has been being updated with paste it stops highlighting the selected cell.

The row is highlighted but not the cell(s) clicked (or shift-clicked.) Changing View to "Value Highlighting" and then turning off "Value Highlighting" reveals the selected cell as highlighted but clicking another cell does not change what cell is highlighted.

Restarting Neooffice cures the problem until it begins happening again.

This also occurs on what ever calc sheets are open at the time, once it begins it happens with all of them until Neooffice is restarted.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject:

I am unable to reproduce this problem but maybe I am not doing the right steps. Can you list a set of steps for us to try? The steps that I am using are to open a new, empty Calc document, paste some text copied from another application into an empty cell, and then click in another cell. For me, the selected cell is always in the cell that I last clicked in.

Also, can you tell us which version and patch of NeoOffice is shown in the dialog that appears when you select the Help :: About NeoOfffice menu?

Patrick
Dank4ak
Sentinel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject:

MacBookPro OS X 10.6.1 Neooffice 3.0 Patch 7
Dank4ak
Sentinel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject:

This is with calc sheets that have been in use for a VERY long time updated daily, some with multiple tabs of sheets. Have been using Neooffice for over 6 months. New problem since Patch 7.
Dank4ak
Sentinel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject:

The calc sheets involved are left open for long periods of time. It is my 'assumption' that pasting is part of the cause but have seen entry and change to new cell not showing new selected cell (previously there would have been a paste done) and sheet may have sat idle for an hour or more.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Dank4ak wrote:
This is with calc sheets that have been in use for a VERY long time updated daily, some with multiple tabs of sheets. Have been using Neooffice for over 6 months. New problem since Patch 7.

I understand. I don't doubt that you are seeing a problem. But I need to be able to reproduce this problem and I am not cannot reproduce it without knowing what sequence of steps that you do when the problem appears. Are there any specific sequence of steps that seem to trigger this?

Also, since you are running Mac OS X 10.6.1, can you install NeoOffice 3.0.1 Early Access from the Early Access Program download page and then install Patch 2 for the release from the Early Access Program patch page? We have found that Apple made many changes in Mac OS X 10.6.1 and NeoOffice 3.0.1 Patch 2 includes several fixes for those changes. My hope is that one of those Mac OS X 10.6.1 fixes also fixes the problem that you are seeing.

Do you see any different behavior with NeoOffice 3.0.1 Early Access Patch 7.

Patrick
Dank4ak
Sentinel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, Patrick. I will install the Early Access version and Patch and let you know if it reoccurs.

-dan
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Dank4ak wrote:
Thanks, Patrick. I will install the Early Access version and Patch and let you know if it reoccurs.

Definitely let us know if it still occurs with NeoOffice 3.0.1 Early Access Patch 2. My current theory is that you are seeing bug 3555 which on occurs on Mac OS X 10.6.x. But if the problem still occurs, then we will need to investigate further to find the cause.

Patrick
Dank4ak
Sentinel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Early Access version seems to have corrected the problem.

Thanks.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1