Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Pasting text into WYSIWYG pro 3
Pasting text into WYSIWYG pro 3

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snichols
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Pasting text into WYSIWYG pro 3

I use WYSIWYG Pro 3 as an editor with a Joomla-based website.

If I paste some text from the web into NeoOffice (using the paste special>>unformatted text command), edit it and then past it into WYSIWYG Pro 3 using the paste from external source (clean up Word) option I always get the following code at the top;

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000167 EndHTML:0000001386 StartFragment:0000000449 EndFragment:0000001370

It isn't the end of the world to get rid of it, but it doesn't happen if I use Word 2008.

You do get the same result with OpenOffice.org.

Is there an easy fix for this?

Regards, Steve
James3359
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject:

It looks to me as though this is a WYSIWYG Pro 3 issue rather than a NeoOffice issue, and you ought to look to WYSIWYG Pro 3's support for help on this.

I don't know WYSIWYG Pro 3, so I'm taking a shot in the dark in what follows. The first issue that strikes me is that "(clean up Word)" may not be the best option when you are actually pasting from NeoOffice. My guess is that "(clean up Word)" takes Word formatting information and translates it into HTML. My guess also is that a straightforward paste from NeoOffice may not work as it will lose formatting you have introduced during the editing process. Is that correct?

One possible way of working round this might be to edit your text in NeoOffice and save as it as an HTML document. Then you could open the resulting HTML file in WYSIWYG Pro 3, and copy and paste the data you need.

I hope this helps.

Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB
OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1