Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Footnotes at the bottom of page without being asked for?
Footnotes at the bottom of page without being asked for?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gavagai
Councilperson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Footnotes at the bottom of page without being asked for?

Hi,
I'm still working on my defaults as before 3.0.
Now I use footnotes in a document and every time I insert one I'm asked in a little panel if they should be numbered automatically and if I want them at the bottom of the page or at the end of the document. Both options are already selected but still I have to catch the pop-up-panel and to answer OK. (And I think with the NeoOffice version before I wasn't asked.)
In the parameter/option panel for footnotes I have of course
- automatic numbering and
- position at the bottom of the page.
What else do I have to do that NeoOffice uses that as default for every document I create? Or at least for the document when I have answered it for the first footnote I'm inserting (I never heard or seen mixed footnotes within one document: some at the bottom and some at the end; so at least when I select "bottom of the page" NeoOffice shouldn't bother me asking again within that document)

narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject:

Can you try using the Insert toolbar as a workaround?

To see the Insert toolbar select the following menu item: View :: Toolbars :: Insert. On that toolbar the fourth button from the left is "Insert Footnote Directly"

Clicking that button should insert a footnote without the dialog window. Does that work for you?

--fran
gavagai
Councilperson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Hi Fran,
thanks, it works. Although to my mind it is not so convenient as selecting the footnote from the "Insert" drop down menu directly. Either I move the toolbar near the top: then it is in my way. Or I move it at the bottom then I have to switch between the top menu bars and the toolbar at the bottom. But I guess I can get used to it. At least, I think it's better than before. So thanks again.

narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject:

One option is to dock the Insert toolbar. You can dock it to any of the four edges of your document.

To undock and re-dock, hold and drag the toolbar to the top or bottom menu bars or to the right or left of the window. When you hold and drag it to the top or bottom menu bars or the left or right edge, you will notice that a grayed-out frame appears to show you may release the mouse button. To undock, grab the handle on the left hand edge of the tool box (or the top of the toolbar if docked on a side).

I hope this helps.

--fran

ps - I found the toolbar docking directions in the NeoOffice User Guide which you can download from a link in the column to the left of this forum topic.
gavagai
Councilperson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject:

yes, that helps. Both, the docking and the download of the guide.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1