Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Circles & Ovals Toolbar not in View/Toolbars
Circles & Ovals Toolbar not in View/Toolbars

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WilliamL
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Circles & Ovals Toolbar not in View/Toolbars

Circles & Ovals do not appear in the Menu/View/Toolbars but I can find it in the Customize list. I somehow activated it once but I can't remember how.

Is there a way to get the Circles & Ovals toolbar to show up in the View Toolbars list?

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject:

The Circles & Ovals toolbar is really a subtoolbar of the Drawing toolbar. So, access that toolbar, select the View :: Toolbars :: Drawing menu. Then click on the small arrow next to the Basic Shapes icon in the Drawing toolbar (the Basic Shapes icon is in the middle of the toolbar) and the Circles & Ovals toolbar will be displayed.

Does the above steps work for you?

Patrick
WilliamL
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject:

I found the 'Basic Shapes' sub-toolbar (window) but it only contains shapes that can be manipulated. I am looking for the toolbar that lets you draw circles, segments of circles, and arcs. This info does not seem to be part of the 'Basic Shapes' toolbar.

When I look in the 'Customize' area of the toolbar, the 'Circles and Ovals' do not seem to be in the Drawing toolbar

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject:

WilliamL wrote:
I found the 'Basic Shapes' sup-toolbar (window) but it only contains shapes that can be manipulated. I am looking for the toolbar that lets you draw circles, segments of circles, and arcs. This info does not seem to be part of the 'Basic Shapes' toolbar.

Those are in the Drawing toolbar but they are hidden by default. The display them, click on the arrow at the end of the toolbar. In the popup menu that appears, move your mouse over the Visible Buttons menu to see the list of visible and hidden buttons. In that list there should be several hidden buttons like Curve, Arc, etc. that you can check.

Do the above steps display the toolbar buttons that you are looking for?

Patrick
WilliamL
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject:

No, they are not listed but, as I said before, somehow, they were listed one time I went there but I can't seem to get it to happen again. How can the 'Visible' list be different from one time to the next?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject:

WilliamL wrote:
No, they are not listed but, as I said before, somehow, they were listed one time I went there but I can't seem to get it to happen again. How can the 'Visible' list be different from one time to the next?

What document type are you using? My steps were for Writer documents so if you are using a different document type, certain toolbar buttons may not be supported by for that document type and will not appear.

Patrick
WilliamL
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Oh, that is interesting. I'm using a drawing document (.odg). I've noticed that you can do drawing in a write document as if the drawing is in a different layer. I suppose I could put the drawing (vector graphic) into a word document and see what I get... but I'd think the circle tools would be availiable in Draw.

Oh, I have an arc I made in an earlier document that I am having to copy and reuse till I get this worked out.

[I tried putting the graphic in a word document and the circle tools do appear!]

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject:

In Draw, most of the buttons that you need are in the Drawing toolbar's Curve subtoolbar. It appears that there is no support for the Arc button in Draw so the easiest way to make an arc appears to be to create an arc in Writer document and then copy it into your Draw document.

Are there any other buttons that you need (other than the Arc button) that are not in the Drawing toolbar's Curve subtoolbar?

Patrick
WilliamL
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Yup, that appears to be the way to make an arc. I'm puzzled why it is not directly available in Draw but going to write will work.

I guess I've learned that toolbars can vary according to document types.

Thank for the help.

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1