Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - why always "you're not using the latest version?"
why always "you're not using the latest version?"

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cervus
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: why always "you're not using the latest version?"

Friends -- I always update every time Neo Office pops up on my screen. But nonetheless the popup always says, "It appears you are not using the latest version of Neo Office." Why?

Why does the same thing happen with patches?

By the way I'm glad that I just paid for the $25 myself. I got tired of my school district getting around to it.

Thank you
Don
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: why always "you're not using the latest version?&am

cervus wrote:
Friends -- I always update every time Neo Office pops up on my screen. But nonetheless the popup always says, "It appears you are not using the latest version of Neo Office." Why?

Why does the same thing happen with patches?

Are you sure that you have the latest version? If you are still running our Early Access release, you do not have the latest version as we fixed several bugs after NeoOffice 3.0.2 Early Access was released.

Can you select the Help :: About NeoOffice and tell us what version you have? If you have the latest version, it should say "NeoOffice 3.0.2 Patch 0" or "NeoOffice 2.2.6 Patch 4". If it says anything different or has "Early Access" in the version, then you don't have the latest version.

Patrick
cervus
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Neo updates question

Indeed I have an old one -- 2.2.5 patch 6. I'll go to "Get the latest patch " and search around for the latest version of the main program. Thanks.

Don
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Neo updates question

cervus wrote:
Indeed I have an old one -- 2.2.5 patch 6. I'll go to "Get the latest patch " and search around for the latest version of the main program.

FYI. There is no patch to upgrade NeoOffice 2.2.5 to 2.2.6 so you will need to download and install NeoOffice 2.2.6 and then install the latest NeoOffice 2.2.6 patch. You can download NeoOffice 2.2.6 from NeoOffice 2.2.6.

BTW, if you are running Mac OS X 10.4 or higher, you may want to consider trying NeoOffice 3.0.2 since that version is where we have been adding new features over the last year. At this point, NeoOffice 2.2.6 is very stable but it we are only fixing critical crashing or hanging bugs and we are not adding a new features to it.

Patrick
cervus
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: length of download?

Thanks again. I have a very fast connection at a large college library, but when I just tried to download 3.0.2 (the latest one that appears on your main page) the download began and said it would take over 4 hours. Really?

I have OSX 10.5.8 Intel.

Don
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: length of download?

cervus wrote:
Thanks again. I have a very fast connection at a large college library, but when I just tried to download 3.0.2 (the latest one that appears on your main page) the download began and said it would take over 4 hours. Really?

One of our volunteer mirrors must be very overloaded so cancel your download and try selecting one of the other mirrors in the list. Does that speed up the download?

Patrick
cervus
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: downloaded 3.02 -- now what?

Friends --

I downloaded Neo Office 3.02 just now. It appeared on my desktop and I dragged it to my apps in the hard drive. I replaced it on the dock. But when I open a new Neo doc, and look at "about Neo Office," the version it shows is still 2.2.5 patch 6.

How do I get Neo to open in 3.02?

Thanks

Don
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: downloaded 3.02 -- now what?

cervus wrote:
I downloaded Neo Office 3.02 just now. It appeared on my desktop and I dragged it to my apps in the hard drive. I replaced it on the dock. But when I open a new Neo doc, and look at "about Neo Office," the version it shows is still 2.2.5 patch 6.

What do you mean by "dragged it to my apps in the hard drive"? Since NeoOffice has never supported a "drag and drop" install and the NeoOffice installs by default in your /Applications folder, I suspect that you have not actually installed NeoOffice 3.0.2.

Can you verify that you installed opened the downloaded .dmg file and properly installed NeoOffice 3.0.2 using the NeoOffice 3.0.2 installation steps?

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: downloaded 3.02 -- now what?

cervus wrote:

1) NeoOffice isn't a drag-and-drop install; when you open the disk image, you have to double-click the package to run the installer in order to install Neo.

2) If you did do that (it's not clear from your description), it sounds like NeoOffice 2.2.5 is still installed somewhere else. Easiest way to find the second copy would be to do a search in the Finder (Cmd-F) for "NeoOffice" and when you see two NeoOffice.app items in the Find window, Cmd-I (Get Info) on them; figure out which is 2.2.5, then throw it in the Trash and empty the Trash.

Hope this helps,
Smokey

Edit: Cross-posted with Patrick again Wink

Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: install question -- thanks

That worked fine. I now have a new version of Neo Office. I guess it's 3.02, but when I open a new doc and click "about Neo Office" nothing happens.

Anyway, I have a couple of questions.

--- How can I get rid of the faint gray border around the margins of a new doc?

--- How can I get every new doc to open by default in my choice of font (Times New Roman 14) instead of the 12-point font it now opens in?

Thanks -- Don
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: install question -- thanks

cervus wrote:
--- How can I get rid of the faint gray border around the margins of a new doc?

Uncheck the View :: Text Boundaries menu item.

cervus wrote:
--- How can I get every new doc to open by default in my choice of font (Times New Roman 14) instead of the 12-point font it now opens in?

You need to replace Writer's default template with your own template. To replace the default template and put the font styles, etc. in your new default template, can you try the steps in this NeoWiki article?

Patrick
cervus
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: thank you -- two questions

Thanks very much. That saves me about 50 clicks a day. Don
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1