Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Compile errors on HEAD...and fixing them...
Compile errors on HEAD...and fixing them...

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice/C Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Note, it will next fail in scptools. I just committed a change to scptools/inc/protocol.hxx where there was a namechange that somehow didn't get patched in. It's still failing, though, but I may go off to eat dinner soon (once it arrives at the door), at which point I'm going to watch a movie and resume post-Matrix-fix Smile

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject:

(still no chinese food)

committed another batch of changes in scptools to deal with the class name change of SvProtocol -> Protocol. scptools now compiles successfully.

and now my food arriveth!!

ed
fa
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Ed,

Are you changing SvProtocol _back_ to Protocol? Remember the reason this change was made int he first place was because Protocol is a reserved word in Objective-C, but since we aren't compiling it wtih ObjC++ anymore I guess that should be OK.

In other news, I filled out the DrawPolyLineBezier() function in salgdi.cxx. The other two that deal with Bezier curves shouldn't be too hard at all. That leaves just those two font functions plus an ATS implementation a SalLayout sublcass.

Dan
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Ah, yes, I had changed it back to Protocol. I didn't recall the reason for the change, and took the name from looking at the 11 code. I'll go change it back, this time to the right one Wink

Committed the total change from Protocol to SvProtocol.

Next failure is in crashrep. Ironic, no?

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Actually, that was tricky...it was actually in scp, which builds the setup script files I believe (but could be wrong). The makefile scp/source/crashrep/makefile.mk included for UNX platforms a static portion of the scp file which, I'm assuming, relates to the external GTK based crashrep executable. I conditionalized that part out for the aqua build.

compiling again...

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:40 am    Post subject:

Committed changes to sfx2 module, which should now compile. A #endif was misplaced in the patching of dockwin.cxx to not use floating system windows. Additionally some bitmaps also got dropped during the initial 11 commit, so I added them in.

ed
fa
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject:

basctl was next point of failure, added some bitmaps to /res that needed to be there (lc10198 and lc30810) and resized them to 24x24 to match others.
fa
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject:

sch/res had a few missing bitmaps as well, added them from 1.1.0.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:06 pm    Post subject:

fa wrote:
basctl was next point of failure, added some bitmaps to /res that needed to be there (lc10198 and lc30810) and resized them to 24x24 to match others.

Dan...did you by chance commit these changes? They should have been in the repository already, according to a cvs log. I'll go ahead and resize them locally, but let me know if you want me to commit the resized local ones or not.

I suspect there will be a few other icons that also need to be resized appropriately. See the Ximian icon thread in here for more info on using ImageMagick's convert to do it command-line wise if Photoshop isn't available for you Smile

The best solution I could come up with a long time ago was actually changing the code of bmpmaker to take the fixed size from the first bitmap file and then automatically rescale any other bitmap files going into the composite toolbar icon bitmap to match that size. I never committed this change however, as I was having problems invoking the bitmap scaling functions in a non-VCL bmpmaker. Just mentioning this as a potential long-term workaround...it really is silly that all the icons have to be exactly the same size. E.g. if it's just off like 23x24 it'll cause a compile error. That's stupid, imho, but the quick workaround is just to make bmpmaker happy and add in one pixel of background.

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:54 pm    Post subject: Missing bitmaps

OK, I suck. I found why the bitmaps are missing. The method I used accidentally resulted in new bitmap changes that were in newly added subdirectories of 1.1 weren't properly added. I am going through and adding them now and will commit so we can avoid having to worry about this on a systematic basis.

They may still need to be scaled, however.

For the curious, the command run in a 1.1 checkout from OOo is:

Code:

find . -name \*.bmp | xargs -n 1 csh -c 'test ! -e /Volumes/abyss/neooffice-11-new/`echo -n $1 | sed s%./%%` && echo $1 && cp $1 /Volumes/abyss/neooffice-11-new/`echo -n $1 | sed s%./%%` && pushd /Volumes/abyss/neooffice-11-new/`dirname $1` && cvs add -kb `basename $1`'

where the /Volumes path is the root of my local Neo CVS checkout of HEAD.

The cvs commit will follow its completion Smile

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject:

CVS commit of all remaining missing 1.1 bitmaps on HEAD should now be complete. Before completing or adding further bitmaps, a full cvs update of the entire tree should be done. There were bitmaps missing from a number of modules including modules the compile cannot yet reach, such as sc.

As stated before, only the base bitmaps have been added...they may still need to be scaled for bmpmaker to interpret them properly.

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:09 am    Post subject:

I just committed some of those icon rescaling fixes for the dbaccess module. Update and it should build successfully.

ed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:42 am    Post subject:

Ed,

Yeah, I had added them last night. I also added the res/pol directory to CVS (unless I forgot to commit Sad ). I'll go through and do some cleanups and see how it works if need be.

BTW, whats the procedure for scaling the bitmaps? Some actually _use_ the whole 26x26 area, like the lc30810.bmp bitmap did. Resizing resulted in some funky dithering, but I committed anyway after a quick Sharpen in Photoshop. Should we just not care about scaling issues?

dan
fa
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:12 am    Post subject:

I committed a few more bitmap resizings, plus the res/pol bitmaps. It had failed in sc and later sd, now sc is fine but there might be more in sd.
fa
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:37 am    Post subject:

It gets through sw, and I committed a change to exentsions/source/plugin/util/makefile.mk that removed a -lX11 left over from the patching process (Neo had already accounted for that, just a mispatch). It should now get fully through extensions, there's not much left.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice/C Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6