NeoOffice :: View topic - apple and alt keys
apple and alt keys

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imanuel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: apple and alt keys

imanuel, Neooffice j 1,1, mac os X.3.9

hi everybody

i am a migrant from Appleworks (since ~ 3 months), due to compatibility reasons with colleagues; i use neooffice to type math files

my first question is:

in other mac os X application, apple+arrow (left or right) let the cursor go to then (beginning or end) of the text document. And alt+arrow let you travel from word to word.

but in neooffic it does not work so.

Also, the key for inserting a page break…

I presume the reason comes from a linux-window underground in Ooo, but i dont really understand why neooffice can not resolve the problem, since neooffice is fully written for mac os X.

thanls

imanuel
JKT
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Actually, NeoOffice is not a fully native, from the ground up Mac OS X application - it is arguably even less of that than AppleWorks is. It is a port of OpenOffice.org which is being adapted to use more and more Mac OS conventions (mainly through the use of Java and Mac OS Xs support for that) but it is not fully "aquafied" and it does not obey the Apple HIG in as many instances as the developers or the end users would like. Therefore, it suffers from a number of limitations imposed by OOo, one of which you have found. Another limitation is that OOo follows the paradigms set by MS Office, so even if it was a native OS X app, it would still exhibit some quirks wrt text selection, because MS Office does things differently too...

FWIW, command-(shift)-arrow key will move the cursor between (or select) individual words.

Please visit The Land Gallery at http://www.thelandgallery.com for nature-inspired British Fine Art
Jim
Councilperson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: apple and alt keys

imanuel wrote:
imanuel, Neooffice j 1,1, mac os X.3.9

hi everybody

<snip>
Also, the key for inserting a page break…

...is apple-enter by default, or whatever else you want it to be. You can customize these keys by selecting Tools->Configure:Keyboard
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1