Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Development plans for 2005 (and maybe 2006)
Development plans for 2005 (and maybe 2006)

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject:

jjmckenzie51 wrote:
Yes, the two branches need to be merged, but that should be simpler than the work that it took to get the OO code to compile under GCC4 and the Java 1.4 work that Patrick did on the MacOSX front end.

I hope to see both in and 1.1.5 as the baseline OOo in the very near future. Maybe Neo/J 1.2 is not that far away.

The merging of the 1.1.5 build is already underway. So far, the amount of merging appears to be very little work thanks to James' work. Most likely, if the number of Java 1.4 bugs isn't too great, I might be able to spin a NeoOffice 1.2 Beta release with the OOo 1.1.5 code in October.

As for the GCC4 work, there is still much work to be done. Getting the code is only the first of many steps. The OOo assembler code must still be ported to the new hardware and, eventually, the Mactel code will need an extensive amount of community testing since I can almost guarantee that the new hardware and the stack of Apple code on top of it will cause bugs that don't appear on the PowerPC platform.

Patrick
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
jjmckenzie51 wrote:
Yes, the two branches need to be merged, but that should be simpler than the work that it took to get the OO code to compile under GCC4 and the Java 1.4 work that Patrick did on the MacOSX front end.

I hope to see both in and 1.1.5 as the baseline OOo in the very near future. Maybe Neo/J 1.2 is not that far away.

The merging of the 1.1.5 build is already underway. So far, the amount of merging appears to be very little work thanks to James' work. Most likely, if the number of Java 1.4 bugs isn't too great, I might be able to spin a NeoOffice 1.2 Beta release with the OOo 1.1.5 code in October.

Let's see....October 1 is Saturday. Yea, I think that I can finish by then Very Happy

Actually, I'm doing another build as I write with the Performance patch.
I had to revert two of the patches in the code as they did not work on my system (berkeleydb and sal.) However, I plan on building with another fresh OOo 1.1.5 code base and I'll see what happens with that.

pluby wrote:
As for the GCC4 work, there is still much work to be done. Getting the code is only the first of many steps. The OOo assembler code must still be ported to the new hardware and, eventually, the Mactel code will need an extensive amount of community testing since I can almost guarantee that the new hardware and the stack of Apple code on top of it will cause bugs that don't appear on the PowerPC platform.

That is definately the truth. Getting code patched just so that it will build on one platform is definately not proof that the code will function anywhere near where it needs to. I've been the 'victim' of code faults in the past.

Update: Looks like the performance patches broke the Import/Export filters somewhere. I will retry to get HEAD and the 1_1_5 experimental stuff and see if I can get a clean build soon.

James[/b]

Last edited by jjmckenzie51 on Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:04 am    Post subject:

How is your planning affected by this news?

http://www.resexcellence.com/usebb/topic.php?id=713&usebb_sid=71b6dc625ed9c2b8ea83a37885406ea9
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject:

we talked about that in the off-topic section. and there was no google-office announcement. (the link inside the link was broken, but i assume that is what you are refferring to from the comments)
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4