Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Spellchecker and Calc issues
Spellchecker and Calc issues

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VN
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:09 pm    Post subject: Spellchecker and Calc issues

Hi all,

I found a problem with spellcheckr and Calc. If you activate Tools -> Options -> Language Settings -> Writing Aids -> Check words with numbers (very useful to tracks errors like Capi6tal), your work with calc will become a nightmare.

It will only recognize one-digit numbers as numerals (i.e. 5) and all others, like 12, 1,254.00 and so on will become words. All formulaes will stop working.

I don't know if it's Mac or general issue because I don't currently have a PC, so please check and maybe post an issue upstream.

Ciao,

VN
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:28 am    Post subject:

This is definitely a general OOo usability issue with the autocorrect tool. It really doesn't make sense to have word processing autocorrection tools active for spreadsheets, particularly when they start doing things to numbers. I've also encountered issues with some formulas and entering other information. The only workaround I've found is to turn off all the autocorrection for spreadsheet documents.

Do you have an account at OpenOffice.org to put the issue in its bugzilla? It would need to be filed against the "sc" module.

ed
VN
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Hi, Ed,

Yes, I have the account for bugzilla, but I'm leaving now for a business trip. For 12 long days I will leave my Mac (I really should buy a Powerbook for Christmas, but I still hope Powerbook G5 will arrive in January).

I can put an issue when I'm back or you can do it if you think it's urgent.

BTW, I find Calc less then stable on Mac. 10.2.8+1.0.3GM). Writer rocks and Calc crashes a lot. So far I'm not able to reproduce exactly the issue, but it seems this issue is related with the autosave function+cell selection.

If many cells are selected when the documents is being saved by autosave, Calc sometimes crashes after the autosave. Not a big problem because the doc is saved, but still annoying.

Ciao,

VN
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject:

No rush on the issue...I'd throw it in there, but it may not get addressed until 2.0.

Dude, that's really disconcerting about the Calc crashes. I've not experienced many when I'm not doing OLE stuff on 1.0.3. Can you do me a favor? Open Console. Go to File > Open Log... and navigate to the CrashReporter folder if it doesn't open (I believe it's ~/Library/Logs). Search for a log named "soffice.bin". If you can forward that along, it'd definitely help for when I try to get the save crash to repro Smile

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1