Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - OpenOffice.org 2.0RC 3 for Mac OS X available
OpenOffice.org 2.0RC 3 for Mac OS X available

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org X11 Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mav_eric
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: OpenOffice.org 2.0RC 3 for Mac OS X available

Hi all,

after the sync of all mirrors it should now be possible to download an RC3 for Mac OS X from your favourite Mirror.

The directory /contrib/rc/2.0.0rc3 is the same as for the other RC3s for Windows, Solaris and Linux.

Feedback and testers are welcomened.

Kind regards,
Eric
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject:

sweet.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, Eric. I've updated the sticky thread (although it's a little awkward, since there's no real list of mirrors other than the list that links to the 1.1.2GM build).

Smokey

Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject:

ok, so now that i am home, i dug around... is this the place?

http://ftp.stardiv.de/pub/OpenOffice.org/contrib/rc/2.0.0rc3/

(Which will be updated later?) or should i be looking elsewhere?

-j
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject:

ftp.stardiv.de is the root of the mirror network, so they're directing all the traffic elsewhere. Except download.openoffice.org doesn't have a listing of mirrors, just a selector that starts a direct download if you choose a Sun-provided platform and language (if not, you get sent to the project's webpage instead). Thus my note above about it being awkward Smile

See the sticky thread's 2.0 RC3 entry/footnote for instructions on getting a list of mirrors Smile

Smokey

Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject:

well, the RC2 and RC1 folders had content... so that's why i thought there was a good place to look Very Happy

ok, here is a working link for the impatient, like me =D

http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/openoffice/contrib/rc/2.0.0rc3/

smokey, i think i'll start a list in the wiki, perhaps?

-j
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject:

jakeOSX wrote:
well, the RC2 and RC1 folders had content... so that's why i thought there was a good place to look Very Happy

ok, here is a working link for the impatient, like me =D

http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/openoffice/contrib/rc/2.0.0rc3/

smokey, i think i'll start a list in the wiki, perhaps?

That one works! Thanks JakeOSX.

Another build to beat on....

James
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:12 am    Post subject:

Thank you very much for your work. I downloaded it and it works great.
As usual I have packed a langpack to have an italian version that is possible to download from http://xoomer.virgilio.it/valterballantini/OOo_files/OOo_2.0.0rc3_MacOSX_langpack_it.pkg.zip

Now I have a few questions:
1) I have also done langpack for every language that OOo supports. Is there a place where I can upload these files?

2) when you hit help --> About openoffice.org using english(USA) as interface language the window that is displayed show a message sayng "This product has been created by maveric based on OpenOffice.org".
When I applied my langpack "help" is translated as ? and the window has a message saying (in italian) "This product has been created by Sun Microsystem Inc. based on OpenOffice.org using LGPL".
Is there anybody that knows where is located the file with that credit?

Valter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject:

2.0 is out Smile

W
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject:

Anonymous wrote:
2.0 is out Smile

Thanks. But is there a version for MacOSX?

James
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject:

If you look carefully you'll notice that dates of files 2.0.0 and 2.0.0rc3 are the same. So do you think that this is true for macosx?

Valter
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject:

valterb wrote:
If you look carefully you'll notice that dates of files 2.0.0 and 2.0.0rc3 are the same. So do you think that this is true for macosx?

I don't know. There are many issues that have to be solved before there is a 2.0 version for MacOSX (I'm a part of the Porting team as well as a builder for Neo/J.) Some of those issues would be considered 'show stoppers' as they provide required functionality for a quality MacOSX version.

James
gand
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject:

valterb wrote:
1) I have also done langpack for every language that OOo supports. Is there a place where I can upload these files?

I can offer you FreeSMUG server, but it is not official OOo mirror, let me know if you are interested in.

L.
JKT
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject:

Comment on running Fondu at initial launch - I don't like that this happens without prompting me. I have over a 1000 fonts installed, and when OpenOffice.org 2.0 duplicates all of them it swells the already quite large OOo 2.0 package to well over half a gig of disk space!! Also, I don't actually have all those fonts enabled at any one time, so having them all appear in the OOo 2.0 font menu is a bit disconcerting!

Wouldn't it be better to include a prompt screen at initial launch that would ask the end-user if they wanted to run Fondu or not (and also to explain what it is that it does)? Also, is it possible to run it on only a few select fonts?

I've had a look at the OpenOffice.org 2.0/Contents/Resources/Scripts/Main.script and it seems that it is designed to re-run fondu on each launch to check for any fonts that haven't been converted - is that true (I'm not a scripter, I'm just going on the basis of the sense I can make from it)? If so, I'm not so sure that it is such a good idea to do so without some form of prompt again for the above two reasons.

Please visit The Land Gallery at http://www.thelandgallery.com for nature-inspired British Fine Art
alan charlesworth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Automatic font conversion by RC3

Please make optional the automatic font convertion that OOo 2.0 RC3 does via fondu. I mirror Mac OOo & NeoOffice inside Sun, and had to remove the calls to fondu done by the RC3 launcher applescript. Sun employees need to use the same fonts as other Star Office users, so automatically converting possibly 1000s of Mac fonts into the OOo truetype fonts folder is intrusive and unwanted.

Such unexpected behind the scenes conversions should ONLY be done at the user's permission!
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org X11 Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2