Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - OOo2 preferences location on Mac OS X - permanent change?
OOo2 preferences location on Mac OS X - permanent change?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org X11 Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: OOo2 preferences location on Mac OS X - permanent change?

If Eric Bachard or others who know definitively can let me know the answer to this, I'd really appreciate it.

On OOo112 for OS X, preferences were in ~/Library/Preferences/OpenOffice.org1.1.2 as would be expected for a Mac application.

On OOo2.0rc3, preferences are instead stored in .openoffice.org2

One question, and one comment....

Question: Is this an intentional & permanent change? If I set up everyone's 2.0 prefs now, will I lose all of that effort when 2.0(final) comes out, or 2.0.1?
I just want to know so I can plan what to do.

Comment: In our case, where home directories are NFS shares used by both OS X and Linux, this causes a problem because each platform's prefs are stepping on the other's. Having the Mac prefs in ~/Library/Preferences/OpenOffice.orgXXX like it used to be was nice for keeping them separated.

Thanks,
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: OOo2 preferences location on Mac OS X - permanent change

Anonymous wrote:
If Eric Bachard or others who know definitively can let me know the answer to this, I'd really appreciate it.

On OOo2.0rc3, preferences are instead stored in .openoffice.org2

Looks like another mac patch needs to be moved from 1.x to 2.x...

Can't they put this sort of stuff in the trunk so we'll never have to worry about it again?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject:

I searched for hours on openoffice.org (the site is horribly outdated and horrible to try and find anything on), and didn't see any discussion of it at all either in the dev mailing list, or in the 'issuezilla' database. I was hoping to see that either somebody pointed it out, or that it had been discussed and a conscious decision had been made to move the prefs to .openoffice.org2.

So... if there is a patch that needs to go in, would it make it for 2.0 (final) or will this hang around for 2.0.1? I need to make a decision about deploying. If there were a way to set the default preferences so that I didn't have to do it for each user (like totally disabling autocomplete, rulers in inches, default fonts, etc.), it wouldn't be such a big deal.

Thanks,
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Anonymous wrote:
So... if there is a patch that needs to go in, would it make it for 2.0 (final) or will this hang around for 2.0.1? I need to make a decision about deploying. If there were a way to set the default preferences so that I didn't have to do it for each user (like totally disabling autocomplete, rulers in inches, default fonts, etc.), it wouldn't be such a big deal.

Well, you could make a basic user profile and then copy that to every new user folder. But that is less than elegant.

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org X11 Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1