Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Tiger and X11?
Tiger and X11?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Spreadsheet

Well done, Bernard

What you need to do is to go to the File menu, and scroll to New >, which should give you a selection of document types, including Spreadhseet

Cheers
Peter
JKT
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject:

This is made much easier in NeoOffice:

The same options also appear under the NeoOffice menu bar title where they can be assigned keyboard shortcuts (make sure they don't conflict with other shortcuts in the app).

Please visit The Land Gallery at http://www.thelandgallery.com for nature-inspired British Fine Art
Locki
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject:

Hi,

I've installed the lastest stable version of NeoOffice (1.1.5 I think) on my Mac OS X 4.3 (Tiger) and it worked perfectly ... but as I noticed some strange behavior in the way my ".doc" files are interprated by Word on my office PC (namely the way the lists and "table of contents" are handled when swapping from one to another), I wanted to give a try to OO X11 2.0rc3.

Alas ! OO2.0rc3 didn't launch. I succeded in tracking down the errors through the error console and determined where the come from : dynamic lib loading.

In fact "javaldx" does not find /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.6.dylib (looking in the directory, I have the libX11.6.a but actually not the .dylib), and the soffice.bin doesn't find /usr/X11R6/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib.

I have to say that I have no fink nor darwinport tree, because, in fact, I never succeded to make them install : installation process for X11 fails each time on Tiger because there are already X11 include and conf files that I don't dare to replace (maybe there's a special conf arg used elsewhere) !

Is it because it has been brought by Xcode 2.1 ? I don't know, but the fact is I can compile and run X11 apps natively on Tiger but in a static way (there's only the static libs in /usr/X11R6/lib) !

Moreover, you can notice that apple don't show X11 for downloading anymore on their site, which tends to prove that Tiger can handle XX1 programs. The only versions found are old ones Sad What shall I do ?
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Locki wrote:
Hi,

I've installed the lastest stable version of NeoOffice (1.1.5 I think) on my Mac OS X 4.3 (Tiger) and it worked perfectly ... but as I noticed some strange behavior in the way my ".doc" files are interprated by Word on my office PC (namely the way the lists and "table of contents" are handled when swapping from one to another), I wanted to give a try to OO X11 2.0rc3.

Alas ! OO2.0rc3 didn't launch. I succeded in tracking down the errors through the error console and determined where the come from : dynamic lib loading.

In fact "javaldx" does not find /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.6.dylib (looking in the directory, I have the libX11.6.a but actually not the .dylib), and the soffice.bin doesn't find /usr/X11R6/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib.

Read the messages about loading X11 onto your Tiger machine. It is definately not there.

James
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2