· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Missing Bullets in Presentations
Missing Bullets in Presentations

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Isidoro Magana

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject: Missing Bullets in Presentations

I upgraded to Pather after using OOo 1.3 for a very brief time. I also updated to the latest version of X11 at the same time as I updated to Pather.

The outline bullets that I am accustomed to using in Staroffice 6.x presentations are missing. I don't know if the upgrade to Pather affected the OOo application because I had not used OOo for presentations before the upgrade.

Bullets in presentations that I receive on my Mac are replaced by question marks. Selecting the numbering symbols button shows eight sample sets of bullets as question marks instead of bullet symbols. The only change that I can recall making in OOo was to add PC truetype fonts.

How to I restore / install bullets to presentation files?

- I
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:15 am    Post subject:

The Panther X11 upgrade did break several of the bullet fonts, most notably OpenSymbol and some other dingbats type truetype fonts. I believe this may be due to an incompatible version of freetype being included with Apple X11 on Panther. The OpenSymbol font that is used to generate the bullet symbols is actually a really bad TrueType font and has caused OOo on other platforms to freeze at an ancient version of freetype that doesn't compile on OS X.

As to how to solve it, I'm not yet sure. I haven't yet had time to try changing the build of freetype on my Panther box. I'm not sure if that's the problem, but it's the most likely culprit I can think of.

I also don't know of any way to ask OOo to use an alternative font for its symbols...I think it may require OpenSymbol.

ed
renzo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:47 am    Post subject: installare ooo su Panther

Isidoro, puoi dirmi per favore come installare ooo su Panther? Ho scaricato l'installer e l'internationalization package dal sito ooo, poi X11 da Apple. Ed ora? Col doppio clic mi pare che non sia successo niente.
Grazie
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Apologies, my italian is very bad reading. To install italian OOo 1.0.3 with Apple X11:

1) Install Apple X11. If you didn't install it while putting panther on your computer, insert CD #3. There's an X11 package on that CD that you can double-click to install separately.

2) Install OOo using the English installer available in the ooo103darwingm.dmg image.

3) Download the ooo103l18n image. To install Italian, choose "Italiano" in the popup menu appearing in the first dialog that appears after launching the "OOoLocalizer".

Riccardo has also posted localized Italian installers for OOo 1.1.0 Alpha. Additionally, there's also a localized Italian OS X installer that's available and can put it up on an ftp server for download.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1