Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Error message and Hang of NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha
Error message and Hang of NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PjonesCET
Red Pill

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Error message and Hang of NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha

I'm trying out NeoOffice 1.2 alpha (with or without the latest patch) I can create a Document and when I save; I "can" export as PDF. I can not however; save the document in any standrd format. I receive an erro Message That Starts off "Error can not locate Basic..... " and it Hangs at this point. the Window can not be dismissed. I then have to force quit.

Use OSX.3.9, on G4-500 1.5 GB RAm and 120GB Hard Drive about 1/3 full.

Suggestions?
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Error message and Hang of NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha

PjonesCET wrote:
I'm trying out NeoOffice 1.2 alpha (with or without the latest patch) I can create a Document and when I save; I "can" export as PDF. I can not however; save the document in any standrd format. I receive an erro Message That Starts off "Error can not locate Basic..... " and it Hangs at this point. the Window can not be dismissed. I then have to force quit.

Use OSX.3.9, on G4-500 1.5 GB RAm and 120GB Hard Drive about 1/3 full.

Suggestions?

This happened in the past. There is a subject on the Wiki on how to 'fix' this error.

James
[Moved as this is the proper place to put support questions and welcome to NeoOffice]
Builder/Tester
PjonesCET
Red Pill

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject:

I went to NeoWiki and could not locate anything about the problem.

Although a long time Mac User (since SE/30 Days); I am a new user to this forum. And new to NeoOffice.
PjonesCET
Red Pill

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Allthough I looked on Wiki site for cure, I found none. I did find a cure, which seems as bug to me.

I had used stuffit to compress a NeoOffice install I had.

Turns out that was the wrong thing to do.

You know the old adage about curosity killed the cat. Well I decided on hunch to unstuffing NeoOfficeJ.

Sure enough!! by uncompressing "J" I am now able to save documents in NeoOffice.

Seems that if you install the J version first, the regular version won't work without it.
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject:

PjonesCET wrote:

Sure enough!! by uncompressing "J" I am now able to save documents in NeoOffice.

Seems that if you install the J version first, the regular version won't work without it.

Patrick:

Looks like another problem to fix as using NeoOffice 1.2 requires the installation of NeoOffice/J 1.1. I thought that there was an entry on the Wiki that discussed how to get around this error, sorry for the misinformation.

James
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Actually, this sounds identical to bug 1167 which fixed in "Patch-1" and later patches. Most likely, the original poster has an external BASIC library that like in bug 1167.

Patrick
PjonesCET
Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject:

To my knowledge I am unaware of any other Libarary installation. I have run all the Java Updates from Apple as they have come out. And I only installed the NeoOfficeJ one time. (neoOfficeJ 1.1 beta).

I ran the NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha and the the version 5 patch, and received the error as stated.

I am using OSX.3.9 with all current updates from Apple.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject:

PjonesCET wrote:
To my knowledge I am unaware of any other Libarary installation. I have run all the Java Updates from Apple as they have come out. And I only installed the NeoOfficeJ one time. (neoOfficeJ 1.1 beta).

I ran the NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha and the the version 5 patch, and received the error as stated.

I am using OSX.3.9 with all current updates from Apple.

Can you quit Neo, create a zip file of your ~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-1.x folder, and attach it to bug 1167? It may be that you found more cases of the bug 1167 that I need to fix.

Also, add yourself to the CC: list in bug 1167 and we can continue the discussion in the bug after I look at your zip file.

Patrick
PjonesCET
Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject:

Is This in Bugzilla?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject:

PjonesCET wrote:
Is This in Bugzilla?

Yes. Use the bug 1167 link that is in my earlier posting in this topic.

Patrick
PjonesCET
Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Have set up account. Attached the file you requested. and added my name to the CC list
PjonesCET
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject:

Red Pill, please go to Bugzilla and read my most recent report concerning the Test patch, you left.

The Patch appears to have cured the problem. A side benefit is that the opening screen appears to show files loading faster as well
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1