Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Erratic mouse selection behaviour
Erratic mouse selection behaviour

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenner
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Erratic mouse selection behaviour

Today I was doing my Christmas card labels (late as usual), editing my addresses in Neo (for this purpose I cannot do this in Address Book) and printing labels. [If something could be done about Address Book integration ('Wink')] Eventually, I had them in the format Name, Street, Town, Country as a long list. Whenever I moused to the beginning or end of a line in the listing, the word after or before the cursor is being highlighted, which of course is not very helpful('Confused'). I do not recall this behaviour in Neo 1.1 but I may be wrong. Anybody any suggestion how to avoid this? Confused
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject:

Somewhere around here there's a set of instructions from Max for exporting data from Address Book...it's not integration, but it might have saved some retyping.... Sad

Smokey

Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject:

Hrm, I was going to reply to the post you left with the steps you used, but it has now disappeared! Sad

At any rate, Max's steps are now lost with the demise of ooodocs Sad I was going to add your steps to the wiki; there's an article all set up, but I'd only put the URL in there, not the steps Sad

This is probably a good warning for us to audit the articles whose content still has key bits referenced in posts at trinity rather than put into the wiki itself (like large parts of the databases articles that need to be re-done anyway)....

Smokey

Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject:

Smokey, when you said that there had been instructions in the Wiki for the address book export I didn't want to bloat the forum and deleted the message. I see whether I can find a copy.

Martin
Glenner
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject:

To export your system Address Book to NeoO download Address Book Exporter from http://gwenhiver.net/applications/addressbookexporter/index.php (donation ware). In Address Book Exporter select the Address Book group you wish to export. Select "Export using current field settings". Click on Configure Settings and select the fields you wish to export. Click "Export". This creates a file called Exported Address Book.txt.

Open file in NeoO. Go Edit>Select all. Go to Tools>Text<->Table. In the opening window select the following options:
Separate text at Tabs, Equal width for all columns, Header & Don't split table selected, Repeat Header & Border unselected. Press OK. This converts the data into a NeoO table. Select the first row of the table. Go Edit>Select all>Copy. Go to File>New>Spreadsheet and go Edit>Paste. Save as NeoO spreadsheet.

Go File>AutoPilot>Address Data Source. Select "Other external data source", click Next and click on Settings. In the General tab insert appropriate name, under Data base type select Spreadsheet, click radio button under Data source URL, navigate to the spreadsheet file you saved earlier, click Open>OK. Click on Field Assignment and associate the NeoO fields with the appropriate fields of the spreadsheet. In most cases the fields correlate to each other while other times a user-defined NeoO field may have to be used. Click OK and then Create. The AutoPilot confirms that data has now become available to NeoO. Click OK.

When creating mailing labels the address data are now available. Most of the above steps can be automated by recording a macro.
amayze
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject:

Glenner wrote:
...Click "Export". This creates a file called Exported Address Book.txt.

Open file in NeoO. Go Edit>Select all. Go to Tools>Text<->Table...

I'm not at a Mac I can test this on, but if you change the file extension to .csv NeoOffice should opening it using the spreadsheet. Change the delimiter from comma to tab in the import dialogue and then save it as a spreadsheet and jump straight to the third paragraph of Glenner's instructions.

Hope that works!

Andy.
Glenner
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject:

Amayze, it works if you save the exported file from Address Book Exporter with a csv extension. That saves on the conversion step. Thanks.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1