Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Iread the FAQ, but still can't explain why it won't start!!!
Iread the FAQ, but still can't explain why it won't start!!!

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcmrcXXX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:55 am    Post subject: Iread the FAQ, but still can't explain why it won't start!!!

hi there,

really like the idea of OOO, it makes perfect sense and actually worked flawlessly (apart from the copy and paste) in 10.2.6, I couldn't get it to copy between normal applications and OO.o

I just bought a G5 and the shop installed panther on it for me, I told them they had too because it said on the apple site that all mac's now came with panther.

anyways, I have installed oo.o but when I try and launch it says could not launch x windows server:oroborX and also another pops up: oroborX failed to launch Xdarwin

if any body has any clues for me about what files those guys didn't install on my machine I would appreciate it

thnx

martina
JKT
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:42 am    Post subject:

You are attempting to use the OroborOSX window server environment (which you have to install yourself) and not the X11 (Apple's) environment. If you have Start Openoffice.org launched you can select X11 in the Preferences (IIRC - I currently don't have the X11 version installed, but I believe that this is correct). Alternatively, you could reinstall XFree86 4.3.0 and OroborOSX if you prefer that combo to Apple's X11.

Also, it is possible that the shop didn't even install Apple's X11 - do you have the X11 app in your /Applications folder? If not, you need to rerun the Panther CD installers and select X11 from the various options available (you don't need to reinstall the OS, just select X11 and that's it).
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject:

XDarwin, OroborOSX, and XFree86 4.3.0 are incompatible with Panther. The keymappings files have been removed, and all of these need them to start.

Also of note is that Apple X11 has changed locations with Panther. It is now in /Applications/Utilities.

If you're upgrading to Panther from Jag, you'll need to re-locate X11.app with Start OpenOffice.org > Preferences after you upgrade.

If you don't have /Applications/Utilities/X11.app on your Panther box, then you don't have Apple X11 installed. On Panther CD 3 you'll find an X11.pkg package that you can double click to install X11.

If you don't have CDs for Panther or can't locate X11.pkg on the funky software restore CDs, you will need to download Apple X11 from Apple directly:

http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/x11/download/

Of note is that Apple X11 is no longer available for Jaguar systems.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1