Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Creating a Bugzilla account broken?
Creating a Bugzilla account broken?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baggypants
Councilperson

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Creating a Bugzilla account broken?

Is Bugzilla working? I've tried creating a couple of accounts and I've not recieved any emails Sad
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject:

Did you check your e-mail program's spam folders?

Patrick
Baggypants
Councilperson

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject:

had a look and they were full of junk, but no bugzilla goodness Smile I also tried with a hotmail account just to check the server and no joy there either
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject:

One thing to note is that some e-mail providers are now blocking neooffice.org domain originating e-mails as reverse DNS is not correctly configured for the world at large. This may be the root cause of the lack of bugzilla mojo Sad

ed
Baggypants
Councilperson

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject:

I may have found the problem

Code:
[baggypants@gateway home]$ df
Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/hda2              1428672   1428672         0 100% /                       
Embarassed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject:

AHAHA looks like the mail server did about a week ago..

ed <--- 1GB HD just ain't cutting it
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Baggypants wrote:
I may have found the problem

Code:
[baggypants@gateway home]$ df
Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/hda2              1428672   1428672         0 100% /                       
Embarassed

Yeouch. Must come from all of the testing you are doing lately. Fortunately, I found a solution to that problem with my PBG4: An external hard drive. I had a drive from my 'old' Thinkpad lying around and found a USB/Firewire enclosure at a local merchant who specializes in MacIntoshes (and other Apple products as well.)

James
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject:

I also have been listening to William Shatner's "The Transformed Man" album way too much recently. If you think, somehow, this might be the cause, please, let me know. I really should stop and it'd be a good reason to...but it's just too...funny....

(it was a...very...good..year.)

ed
Baggypants
Councilperson

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Yeouch. Must come from all of the testing you are doing lately. Fortunately, I found a solution to that problem with my PBG4: An external hard drive. I had a drive from my 'old' Thinkpad lying around and found a USB/Firewire enclosure at a local merchant who specializes in MacIntoshes (and other Apple products as well.)

Actually, thats from my dinky toy web and mail server I run on my DSL. I got a 40 gig HD a while back for it, but I've not had the motivation to upgrade... until now Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Creating a Bugzilla account broken?

Baggypants wrote:
Is Bugzilla working? I've tried creating a couple of accounts and I've not recieved any emails Sad

Hi,
I wanted to contribute to NeoOfficeJ snags and register to Bugzilla via
http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/newaccount.php, however, I cannot register.
After pressing the "Create New Account" button nothing happens but the same
page is refreshed (Mac PowerBook G4, Tiger 10.4.4, tried Safari, Opera, Firefox).
My disk is NOT full.

Someone else posted something like "neooffice.domains rejected by some mail servers " - what does this mean to me ??
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Creating a Bugzilla account broken?

Anonymous wrote:
Baggypants wrote:

Hi,
I wanted to contribute to NeoOfficeJ snags and register to Bugzilla via
http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/newaccount.php, however, I cannot register.
After pressing the "Create New Account" button nothing happens but the same
page is refreshed (Mac PowerBook G4, Tiger 10.4.4, tried Safari, Opera, Firefox).
My disk is NOT full.

You should receive a message from the NeoZilla server in your e-mail account. Some providers and users have spam intercepts. I suggest checking them to see if the outgoing message was intercepted.

[quote="Anonymous]
Someone else posted something like "neooffice.domains rejected by some mail servers " - what does this mean to me ??[/quote]

It means that the mail servers have been blocking incoming mail because NeoOffice's mail server will not correctly resolve (the opposite of the process your computer uses to take a web site name and get it's Internet Protocol address) from its IP address to its name. This is another anti-spam procedure.

Hopefully, by now, you received your invite message and will be able to input BugZilla entries so we can help fix them.

James
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Yes, I need to get in touch with my ISP to get reverse DNS set up properly. As of this instant, reverse DNS doesn't get directed to our own DNS servers, but my providers' ones for the IP block we have.

Thus far, it's been only a limited range of mail servers that enforce reverse DNS rules. If you're on one of them though, you're screwed. Sorry Sad

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1