· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoLight: problem with OpenOffice 2.0
NeoLight: problem with OpenOffice 2.0

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoLight Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perdalum

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: NeoLight: problem with OpenOffice 2.0

Hi there!

Theres a lot of posts, articles describing that NeoLight also is able to index Open Documents documents, but I'm totally unable to get it to work. As I read it, the Info.plist contains everything neccasary for this to work, but I don't see any references to any .odt etc document types, so how is this to work?

At hte present I use the Open Office 2.0 from here http://www.freesmug.org/newsitems/news249 and NeoOffice.

So, what I am asking, besides af work-around for this spotlight plug-in to work, is so references to how it is supposed to work :-)

Many, many thanks in advance!

Regards,

Per Dalum
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: NeoLight: problem with OpenOffice 2.0

perdalum wrote:
Theres a lot of posts, articles describing that NeoLight also is able to index Open Documents documents, but I'm totally unable to get it to work. As I read it, the Info.plist contains everything neccasary for this to work, but I don't see any references to any .odt etc document types, so how is this to work?

That's partially a misunderstanding between engineering and marketing Smile

NeoLight does support indexing of OpenDocument files, but because OD support has not been extensively tested (it's based almost solely on reading the specs), OD support is not enabled by default (the missing .plist entries).

I *believe* that if you simply replicate the .plist entries and replace the extensions and MIME types with the OpenDocument ones and then re-initialize the importer, it should then find content in OpenDocument files. I'm not on 10.4 so I can't verify this, however. The wiki contains the most detailed technical info on NeoLight.

Smokey

Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject:

A cross-reference in case anyone still cares...

I think I've found an issue when NeoOffice and OpenOffice 2.x are installed on the same system. See:

http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2265
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject:

I have no idea what the X11 developers are doing with OOo 2.0, but I do have enough experience to know that having different applications and importers claiming the same UTI type mapping tends to really confuse the Spotlight importers.

If the OOo 2.0 X11 bundle plist claims the same UTI types, whether or not the NeoLight indexer gets invoked will depend on when the underlying LaunchServices database got last updated as to what application claims to be the "owner" of a UTI type.

Sorry to be so harsh, but if they're claiming types and not including my plugin, it's they're fault. It's If the extensions get appropriately mapped to the NeoLight importer OpenDocument formatted docs should work, to my knowledge.

I can't fix Apple bugs nor conflicts caused by our friends at OOo/Sun Microsystems.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoLight Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1