Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:18 am Post subject: deleted openoffice - reinstalled & still says it is open
Either another instance of OpenOffice.org is accessing your personal settings or your personal settings are locked.
Simultaneous access can lead to inconsitencies in your personal settings.
Before continuing, you should make sure user "...." closes OpenOffice.org on host "...-.....internetproviders address"
It has worked up until this error message
1) i have shut my compter down
2) i have disconnected from the internet
3) why is it showing a host pool - # with my internet companies address???
<what does this have to do with anything
4) my user name is not what it says in "..." it uses my short name not the long form
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:51 am Post subject: must not have deleted
This is truly perplexing.
I deleted the app, thinking it would uninstall it.
Obviously it did not as it did not go through the set up process again.
I went and made another user account on mac os X and...works fine.
However it still gives the error on my main account.
1) even when disconnected from internet it says that it is being used by me giving some host address from my internet provider
2) i tried to test the problem of the rtf format not opening after usiing record...its fine on the new account.
2b) maybe the document i received, which was word, had formatting aspects taht got messed up somehow and caused the file not to open.
2c) hopefully i didnt get a unix bug from pc to mac
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You cannot download files in this forum