Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - pasting tab-delimiated data into Calc
pasting tab-delimiated data into Calc

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjsulli73
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: pasting tab-delimiated data into Calc

I have a mailing list I am making into labels for a friend. I took the names, addresses, etc out of her word doc and made it into a text file tab-delimiated with a CR at the end of each entry. When I copy/pasted it into a calc file(2.0) on her machine it placed each entry between the tabs into a seperate cell and each line in the text file got a new row, just like I wanted. When I tried it on My Mac (oo2.0.0) it placed each line in one cell.

I looked in the options and such, but did not see a place to change how paste acts. Is this a known issue or is there a way to turn it on in OO on my Mac?

TIA.
Regards,
TJ
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject:

Istead of pasting it, try saving it as a text file with the extension .csv, and then get OOo to open the file - it should bring up a dialogue that asks what delimiters you are using (I think it defaults to commas, so you need to de-select commas and choose tab instead) and then it'll import the data correctly. I don't know of any way to make tab the default delimiter.

- yoxi
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1