Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Help - I cannot figure out how to install OOo_2.0.0_MacosxPP
Help - I cannot figure out how to install OOo_2.0.0_MacosxPP

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject:

make sure you installed the x11 program, not the SDK ("SDK" is in the title of the install file)

i don't _think_ you need to reboot, but you may want to (unlike windows, most of the time macs don't need a re-boot, but it never hurts every once in a while)

as for the intel OO.o, you can find it here:

ftp://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/MacOSX

just make sure you get the Intel version and the language you want (i assume en, but i never know on these boards Very Happy )
val1984
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject:

You normally have a package named "Install optional software" at the root of your DVD that enables you to install X11.
I suppose that you installed X11SDK which isn't the right package (it's a development package).
imacminx
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Shocked quick, someone give me a pat on the head...dunno how i've done it but i finally managed to install x11!!!

next step...openoffice...oh god!!

Very Happy

Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject:

yay! ::pat on head::

openoffice is easy. download the file, the DMG will mount when you click on it. drag the openoffice.org file to your applications folder (it will copy over) and poof that was it!
imacminx
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Smile crikey i am on a roll....have managed to find the OpenOffice download I need...not having much luck actually downloading, but i suppose if there's a few like me, we must all be trying! and besides, what can you expect from someone who's just had to go and redo her signature cos she can't spell her OWN NICKNAME!!!

Embarassed

Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Annoying dancing banana woo hoo.....i did it!! thanks for all the help....and sorry if i was snappy! pc habits die hard...really must remember its a Mac i'm using now!!
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject:

imacminx wrote:
woo hoo.....i did it!! thanks for all the help....and sorry if i was snappy! pc habits die hard...really must remember its a Mac i'm using now!!

Be real careful with that banana or you might slip on it Wink

Actually, I'm glad that you got the Intel version working. Some items are not fully functional, but they are being worked on.

James
imacminx
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject:

yeah those banana skins are tricky little devils, lol! just when i thought things were going ok, i discover that nothing, and i mean nothing, will induce OpenOffice to print anything!! My printer, an Epson C64, was grabbed by the iMac as soon as I plugged it in, which was nice. It'll print anything I ask...but not a thing to do with OpenOffice! OpenOffice just tells me there's no default printer....have had a look through the forums and there are answers there, but I, being a total newcomer to the world of Mac, haven't a clue what I'm meant to do next!

Ah well, it's keeping me out of mischief!

Rolling Eyes

Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject:

there seems to be some issues with printing as of late...

a work around for now would be to convert the file to PDF and print it from the 'preview' program.

(i don't print too much, but if i find out something i'll let you know)
imacminx
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject:

thanks for that tip, funnily enough i tried that with a letter over the weekend, but it didn't work too well...formatting...what formatting! it's mainly spreadsheets i print, just tried and it's worked fine...happy bunny again...for now!

thank god for the forums....where would a girl be otherwise!!! lol

Very Happy

Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Printers

Hi all, can I just pass this on...for once I seem to have got something right!! Not getting too confident mind!!

I used the link to the packages on good-day.net that jakeosx supplied. My first attempt I downloaded the RC3, which wouldn't print. I thought there'd be no harm trying the RC4, downloaded it, installed it, it realised there was an older version and upgraded it, and hey presto, printing, no problem! It went to generic printer first off, but when I put the print menu up, it saw my Epson C64 and printed from it with no problem!!

I have fingers crossed that it's going to continue working!!

Smile

Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject:

so RC4 prints for you? that's great!
imacminx
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject:

yes it does, not saying it's going to work for everyone, but worth a go!!
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2