Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice always triggers setup
NeoOffice always triggers setup

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice/C Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ssa
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: NeoOffice always triggers setup

Hi,

I'm still having problems getting NeoOffice to launch. Without displaying anything it just triggers setup to run - which then crashes...

So it seems to me that my installation is corrupt somehow, which leads to running setup in order to fix it.

Did anyone encounter similar problems ?

Stephan
schlesi
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject:

Stephan,

a shot in the dark: you could try to set recursively the owner of the NeoOfficeJ.app to your user name.

Thomas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Stephan,

First thing I would check would be your .sversionrc file... Is it pointing to ......../NeoOffice.app/Contents/MacOS ? Ed had some scripts that dealt with this, but if you're directly launching the executable then this might be an issue.

Dan
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject:

Chances are if you're getting the setup being triggered you're a "first time" previewer...er...tester...er...examiner of unfinished software...er... Wink

As Dan mentioned, there's some custom setup bash scripts living inside of the bundle that would happily autoconfigure Neo for new user accounts or for being randomly relocated on a hard drive. Unfortunately all of these scripts were broken with the 1.1 update Sad The only thing I can think of offhand is to try to create your .sversionrc file manually. I know the grep and replace stuff in the scripts...

If you've ever installed OOo 1.0.3 or OOo 1.1, you'll have a file in your home directory named ".sversionrc" (you can't see it with the Finder, you need to use a Terminal). Edit this file and add a line started with:

Code:

NeoOffice -1=file://

and after the second slash include the full path to the Resources directory of the Neo bundle including the initial slash of the pathname (e.g. there should be three slashes after file:).

ed
ssa
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject:

I finally got it running ! Patching .sversionrc was actually needed to hinder setup from trying to fix my installation... Thanks for the hint.

But then soffice.bin crashed immediately after launching all the time, and I saw that it couldn't manage to load some resources. It turned out to be the iso64501.res which wasn't installed but needed by the registration dialog. Copying it over from solver or the offmgr output tree helped. How is it suposed to work ? I saw there is a neo645.res and ooo645.res created in offmgr but only the latter one found its way into the installation. But at runtime the iso resource is searched, so may be there are some compile switches/defines missing ?

Stephan
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice/C Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1