· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Genesis of the new weapons
Genesis of the new weapons

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Genesis of the new weapons

Notice anything different?

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:01 am    Post subject:

/me jumps up and down and up and down! Very Happy

(Assuming this is not another of Ed's masterful Photoshop creations)

NeoOffice 2 is going to rock!

Smokey

Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
/me jumps up and down and up and down! Very Happy

(Assuming this is not another of Ed's masterful Photoshop creations)

NeoOffice 2 is going to rock!

Did you have any doubts about this? Very Happy

Nice work Ed and Pat Smile
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject:

oooh! Perty!

Really nice work! I am beginning to wonder what you and Pat are up to.. Secretly planning to kill MS Word and Pages by a single Alpha release or something.

Actually I will be very happy if you would make me a file selector looking like that which also filters files (.hidden_file) and folders (name.app) like a proper mac.

Three cheers,
Oscar

EDIT: I should not write mesages when I am in dire need of food. My sentence building skills suffer..

Last edited by ovvldc on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Felho

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: My turn....

I want my turn to try the new toy....when can I have my turn with the new pre-release alpha beautiful toy? (Not wanting to compile myself...) Embarassed
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: My turn....

Felho wrote:
I want my turn to try the new toy....when can I have my turn with the new pre-release alpha beautiful toy? (Not wanting to compile myself...) Embarassed

Right now, there are some issues that Patrick has to address before the product will go out in Alpha status. Be paitent, this will happen soon if we help Patrick (unabashed plug for donations follows)

Unlike most of us, Patrick relies on donations to support the NeoOffice.org project. If you want Patrick to continue the 70+ hour per week NeoOffice development, then please find it within your heart and wallet to donate. I help Patrick by doing 'sanity' checks and builds on Tiger as Patrick works solely with Panther. I have found, in the past, issues with Tiger that did not appear on Panther and the other way round. This takes up many hours of my free time, which could be spent doing other things. However, I find that the NeoOffice.org project is very worthy of my time.

James
Felho

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Support

I totally agree with on donations and have on 2 separate occasion donated to the efforts....I will plan on continuing doing this ~4months as I look at this as a subscription if you will.
Paraplegic_Racehorse
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Hmm... The request for GUI-native open/save dialogs is a good one. Has anyone looked to see if there's a bug report filed for this with the upstream source? (OpenOffice.org)

Couldn't find one, but my query skills are lacking.

OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject:

For native open/save dialogs, see the native file picker doc from my old decrept specs page. It's still a lower priority on my radar and I've already got a full plate.

NWF will not be included in 2.0. Too unstable. It will have a separate alpha/beta/final test cycle separate from the mainline.

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject:

And I'm also out of beer.

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject:

But I broke into the last of the sake and was able to improve a bit more on my photoshop skills...

ed
MacRat
Sake Horner
Sake Horner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:

ed

Oh, SHIT!

We have a crisis situation here people!

We need to arrange for a truck to drop off at Ed's place.

Maybe even TWO trucks.

Twisted Evil
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Whomever comes needs to bring a funnel as well. Perhaps a few feet of plastic tubing too for kicks.

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
For native open/save dialogs, see the native file picker doc from my old decrept specs page. It's still a lower priority on my radar and I've already got a full plate.

There's a thread around here from not "too" long ago where Ed and Patrick discuss the difficulties with implementing the native filepickers...it's not that hooking up the native ones is difficult per se, but making them do all the things that the OOo filepicker needs to do, the custom options, etc....

OPENSTEP wrote:
NWF will not be included in 2.0. Too unstable. It will have a separate alpha/beta/final test cycle separate from the mainline.

Ouch Sad I didn't expect them in Alpha 1, but I figured maybe we'd get something by Alpha 2 and then everything would be happy by the time we got to Neo 2 final, a la NMF in 1.1 Sad Oh well. I can live.

OPENSTEP wrote:

ed

Uh-oh. That's the worst news I've heard in ages Crying or Very sad Call in FEMA! (er, well, maybe not....)

Smokey

The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
OPENSTEP wrote:

Ouch Sad I didn't expect them in Alpha 1, but I figured maybe we'd get something by Alpha 2 and then everything would be happy by the time we got to Neo 2 final, a la NMF in 1.1 Sad Oh well. I can live.

Well, it comes down to priorities. Remember, the #1 goal that Patrick and I have is to keep our final releases rock solid. They're deployed not only by regular users but also large companies, universities, government agencies, and the like. There's already a lot changing with 2.0 without the new weapons. That stuff needs to stabilize on its own. Likewise, the NWF stuff needs its own time to stabilize and get tested for not only UI bugs but also memory leaks, performance, forms, etc.

Not to mention get finished too. Right now all that's being accomplished are the simple controls. The more complex controls (e.g. scrollbars, tabs, rulers, toolbars) will take much much longer.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 1 of 27