NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice 2.0 Alpha PowerPC Release Details
NeoOffice 2.0 Alpha PowerPC Release Details

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
FYI. The Early Access Program is now live (a few people have already signed up!). I'll post something on the trinity front page in the next hour or so.

Patrick

Woo Hoo, I signed up. I got the PayPal email, just waiting for Planamesa email. 1 minute, 3 minutes, tap tap tap.

Philip (do I look/sound impatient Wink )

<edit> should it take more than 10 minutes?? Rolling Eyes

Last edited by LemonAid on Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Right now what's up is just a teaser, but I'm sure that things will get clearer Smile

ed
Felho

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Waiting......

Well I paid....now I am waiting....got first email from paypal....but nothing else.....Been 1 hour since I got paypal confirmation...checked junk everything....nothing yet Sad(
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject:

LemonAid wrote:
pluby wrote:
FYI. The Early Access Program is now live (a few people have already signed up!). I'll post something on the trinity front page in the next hour or so.

Patrick

Woo Hoo, I signed up. I got the PayPal email, just waiting for Planamesa email. 1 minute, 3 minutes, tap tap tap.

Philip (do I look/sound impatient Wink )

<edit> should it take more than 10 minutes?? Rolling Eyes

I noticed that a certain percentage of people's e-mail is rejecting the mail that my server sends. Due you have any spam filters?

Patrick
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject:

OK,

I'm foaming at the mouth. But should the download email take more the 15-20 minutes? I got the Paypal email right away.

Sorry, but I'm really looking forward to the download.

Philip (going ... crazy with ... ?? Wink )
felho

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: felho

Patrick if you can help me by calming my excitment....my email I used to pay is felho@lycos.com......I am waiting sort of patiently...but excited!
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:

I noticed that a certain percentage of people's e-mail is rejecting the mail that my server sends. Due you have any spam filters?

Patrick

Not tha I know of. Using Mozilla / SeaMonkey, and TimeWarner cable ISP.

I can't find any blocked email/spam. Hmmmmmm
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject:

If you don't get an e-mail within about 15 or 20 minutes after the e-mail from PayPal, then your e-mail service provider or application is filtering out the e-mail. If this is happening, following the instructions on the page and send an e-mail with a copy of your PayPal e-mail attached to downloads at planamesa dot net.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject:

So I found that my server was configured to fill out the Return-Path header on e-mails with a non-existent address instead of the address that I sent it from. That may have been causing an unusually large number of e-mail service providers or applications to treat my server's mails as SPAM.

I've corrected this setting so hopefully a higher percentage of the e-mails will get through.

Patrick
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject:

THANKS Patrick,

Downloaded (113.7 MB, 125 expanded), Installed, and it looks good. I'll be testing over the next few days.

YOU ARE OUTSTANDING!!! (and thanks to all the others, too! )

Philip (Neo 2.OH! heaven Wink )
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject:

LemonAid wrote:
THANKS Patrick,

Downloaded (113.7 MB, 125 expanded), Installed, and it looks good.
Philip (Neo 2.OH! heaven Wink )

Download OK. Installed OK. But be prepared for a long wait before the welcome screen comes up, and while your personal data is being transferred: lthough that may just be me. I also rushed in, and forgot that I would be overwriting my 1.2.2 installation. I have a backup, so no big issue. I also thought I had lost all the gallery files I had installed from openclipart etc: in fact, NeoOffice placed them all in /Users/username/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-2.x/user/gallery but there didn't seem to be a link to them in the gallery [the thumbs showed up, but when I tried to insert the pics, I got an insert menu sheet]. The path to the gallery is included in my preferences, which is how I found them. Not a big deal, but could mean deleting the links and making new ones.

Working well. I was able to set up Crystal Large icons via Tools/Options. Looking good now, and a consistent look to my desktop now. Tried Writer, Calc, Draw: all seem to work well. Had one crash, but I think that was just me overdoing things. A big day in Neo's history.

Smile

Peter
llop
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject:

I have just signed up and downloaded Neo2 alpha, but apparently there is only one language option: english-US.

Patrick: it may be a good idea to include other language packs to get more Early Access Program adapters...

(I am not personally interested because I built it from the anoncvs)

Really a very good work!!

Luis
gpiroux
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject:

Hello !

There is some problems with the EAP...
I 've got the mail from paypal but not from planamesa, even after 6 hours...
Heummm... how long is the delay to get response from the mail sent to downloads at planamesa dot com ?

gp
spaetz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:19 am    Post subject: Got e-mail just fine

Just wanted to let you know. I received the e-mail from planamesa just fine. First download aborted after 180kb or so, so I had to relogin and download again. It went fine this time. 2alpha seems to run just fine on my powerbook.
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject:

I have joned to the "NeoOffice 2.x Early Access Program" and everything went smooth. I have waited for a couple of minutes to receive both e-mail.
Installation went smooth too and now I'm using the program.
Just to know, do you Patrick think to prepare some language packages during theis test? My mother language is italian. And do you want we post our comments and eventualy our notes on bugs here in the development forum or in testing?
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8